180 day credit

Old January 10th 06, 03:30 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
{{{{{Welcome}}}}}

Default 180 day credit

Have just received two emails, one from VoIP Cheap and one from VoIP Buster,
both saying:

credit is valid for 180 days.

Your credit will expire in February.
We advise you to use your credit before it expires and/or buy new credit* so
your current credit will not expire.

* buying new credit is only possible if you have a small credit left on your
account.

So what they are saying is, you have 180 days from topping up to use all your
credit!

This is the first email from them about this and strange as I have been with
VoIP Buster for around 8/9 months.

Old January 10th 06, 04:49 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Ian

"{{{{{Welcome}}}}}" wrote in message
.uk...
Have just received two emails, one from VoIP Cheap and one from VoIP

Buster,
both saying:

credit is valid for 180 days.

Your credit will expire in February.
We advise you to use your credit before it expires and/or buy new credit*

so
your current credit will not expire.

* buying new credit is only possible if you have a small credit left on

your
account.

So what they are saying is, you have 180 days from topping up to use all

your
credit!

This is the first email from them about this and strange as I have been

with
VoIP Buster for around 8/9 months.

You should keep upto date with their T&Cs this has been on the cards for a
while.

BTW how did you think they were going to make money ?

Old January 10th 06, 05:12 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
John DH

I have accounts with both and not recieved any emails like yours. However,
if this is true then I'm off. There are other deals around which do not have
minimum spends.

Is it just possible that those emails you heve recieved are spoofs?

John DH

.uk...

Old January 10th 06, 06:22 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Ivor Jones

"Ian" spam"AT"bathfordhill.co.uk wrote in message

[snip]

You should keep upto date with their T&Cs this has been
on the cards for a while.

BTW how did you think they were going to make money ?

How does Sipgate make money..? Their credit doesn't expire.

Ivor

Old January 10th 06, 06:54 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
GwG

"{{{{{Welcome}}}}}" wrote in
message .uk...
Have just received two emails, one from VoIP Cheap and one from VoIP
Buster, both saying:

credit is valid for 180 days.

Your credit will expire in February.
We advise you to use your credit before it expires and/or buy new
credit* so your current credit will not expire.

* buying new credit is only possible if you have a small credit left
on your account.

So what they are saying is, you have 180 days from topping up to use
all your credit!

Just had one from Voipbuster, and I have sent them the following message
from their website, perhaps everyone should do the same, and get this
attempted rip off stopped in its tracks.

Quote I have just received your email about my credit expiring in
February. If you expect me to spend money buying further credits in
this, or any of your other enterprises, only to have it stolen from me
at a later date, then you had better think again./Quote

Old January 10th 06, 06:57 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Ian

"Ivor Jones" wrote in message

"Ian" spam"AT"bathfordhill.co.uk wrote in message

[snip]

You should keep upto date with their T&Cs this has been
on the cards for a while.

BTW how did you think they were going to make money ?

How does Sipgate make money..? Their credit doesn't expire.

OK
1. They dont have free destinations
2. They bill by the minute, and buy by the second
3. They charge more for popular routes EG UK and German Mobiles.

Whereas finarea give "free" destinations, and their revenue is partly based
on income from the "credits" that they bank.
As they well know people use them for the free destinations.

Old January 10th 06, 07:30 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Ivor Jones

"Ivor Jones" wrote in message

"Ian" spam"AT"bathfordhill.co.uk wrote in message

[snip]

You should keep upto date with their T&Cs this has
been on the cards for a while.

BTW how did you think they were going to make money ?

How does Sipgate make money..? Their credit doesn't
expire.

OK
1. They dont have free destinations

Not a problem. I'd rather pay per call than for destinations that I may
never call. That's why my mobile is PAYG rather than a contract including
hundreds of "free" minutes that I'll never use.

2. They bill by the minute, and buy by the second

Ok, if it means I don't have to pay line rental that's fine by me. Most of
my calls are less than 1 or 2 minutes anyway.

3. They charge more for popular routes EG UK and German
Mobiles.

I use my mobile to call other mobiles. Never call overseas mobiles anyway
except sometimes one in the US but that's the same as a landline.

Whereas finarea give "free" destinations, and their
revenue is partly based on income from the "credits" that
they bank.
As they well know people use them for the free
destinations.

Which is why Sipgate suits me fine..!

Ivor

Old January 10th 06, 07:33 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Thomas Sandford

"GwG" wrote in message

"{{{{{Welcome}}}}}" wrote in message
.uk...
[...]

Repeat after me

The ain't no such thing as a free lunch. The interest on a 10 (or whatever
the minimum topup is) is not going to cover the running costs even of the
"free" services of a voip provider.

Also read carefully what was originally written - if you top-up every 180
days you effectively re-enable any credit left on your account.

Furthermore - what do you think the reasonable period after you last made
(paid) use of their services for them to hold your account open is?

1 year
10 years
100 years?

At what point can they finally decide that money left in "unused" accounts
no longer needs to appear as a liability on their balance sheets?

--
Thomas Sandford

Old January 10th 06, 07:59 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
GwG

"Thomas Sandford" wrote in message
.. .

"GwG" wrote in message

"{{{{{Welcome}}}}}" wrote in
message .uk...
[...]

I have no problem with credit expiring after 180 days if the account is
not used, (this is similar with mobile phones), but accounts that are
used should remain in credit, whether topped up or not, (like with
mobile phones). Some PAYG mobile phones used to be based on a similar
system, where you lost any unused credit if you did not keep adding
more, and they had to change it to keep customers who disagreed with
being ripped off. My main objection is with how they are starting to
move the goalposts to try and collect unused money from our accounts.
How long before the minimum credit is upped to 50, forcing users to
either pay up, or lose any credit from when they increased it the
previous time, say from 20.

Old January 10th 06, 08:21 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Brian A

On Tue, 10 Jan 2006 19:59:38 GMT, "GwG"
wrote:

"Thomas Sandford" wrote in message
. ..

"GwG" wrote in message

"{{{{{Welcome}}}}}" wrote in
message .uk...
[...]

I don't believe in expring credt full stop unless one is informed in
advance of making a purchase - then I wouldn't do it - free calls or
not. New changes such as that can be applied to new customers who are
informed in advance - otherwise it is plainly robbery in my view.
Remove 'no_spam_' from email address.