D-Link DSL604+ Problem

Old January 10th 06, 04:29 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Telephoneman

Default D-Link DSL604+ Problem

I have 2 voip phones connected, one is a Grandstream (Ethernet), the other a
UT Starcomm (wi-fi). They are connected to different Service Providers but I
have the same problem - they can both originate calls and I can talk and be
heard in both directions but neither will accept incoming calls. Attempts to
dial the associated numbers always go to the respective SP's voicemail. I
know that the phones are configured OK as I have successfully used them with
my Speedtouch router at work. Any ideas?

Old January 11th 06, 03:19 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Martin²

One way audio indicates a port forwarding problem.
Apart from ports 3478 3479 5004 5060 5082 and 10000(Stun),
you need to forward ports 8000/1 and 8002/3 to your respective SIP devices.
With some providers you also need to open ports 16348 to 32768.
Regards,
Martin

Old January 11th 06, 09:20 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Telephoneman

"Martin²" wrote in message
One way audio indicates a port forwarding problem.
Apart from ports 3478 3479 5004 5060 5082 and 10000(Stun),
you need to forward ports 8000/1 and 8002/3 to your respective SIP
devices.
With some providers you also need to open ports 16348 to 32768.
Regards,
Martin

As I indicated, audio is two way and satisfactory. The issue is that neither
phone will ring if you dial its number - all calls go straight to voicemail.
Both phones indicate that they are registered and you can make outgoing
calls OK.

Liam

Old January 12th 06, 02:17 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Martin²

Liam,
sorry, jus 'scanned' your post too quickly and assumed the usual problem ;-}
I guess the first thing to do is turn off the voice mail, just to make sure.
Which VoIP providers do you use ? I think some use different signalling
protocols,
all I can suggest is to open the RTP ports 16248 to 32768 and see.
Can you log the SIP negotiation dialog ?
Regards,
Martin

Old January 13th 06, 07:30 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Telephoneman

"Martin²" wrote in message
Liam,
sorry, jus 'scanned' your post too quickly and assumed the usual problem
;-}
I guess the first thing to do is turn off the voice mail, just to make
sure.
Which VoIP providers do you use ? I think some use different signalling
protocols,
all I can suggest is to open the RTP ports 16248 to 32768 and see.
Can you log the SIP negotiation dialog ?
Regards,
Martin

I've tried opening up the usual ports (without success) but I don't think
that I've done it right. On my Speedtouch 716g at work it's very simple and
the same phones will work there OK but on the D-link it's quite confusing.
It seems to want the IP address the traffic is coming from and to but since
I have more than 1 phone and use DHCP I don't know how I could do this.

BTW one of the SPs is Voiptalk, the other is a new Company that I'm an
"Alpha" triallist for. Voiptalk are trying to assist but have only suggested
opening up the usual ports. The other Company aren't really familiar with
the kit either.

As for the SIP negotiation dialog I wouldn't have a clue how to do this!

Regards,

Liam

Old January 14th 06, 02:31 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Martin²

You could disable DHCP and set all your phones and computers with static LAN
IP's. Then get the D-Link to
forward the ports to one of the phones, and it should ring. Setting it up
for two separate phones and different providers could be tricky unless they
use different ports, or you can forward to two IP's at once.
Regards,
Martin