VSP with cheap mobile calls and iLBC support?

Old January 11th 06, 07:47 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip

Default VSP with cheap mobile calls and iLBC support?

hi,

As the subject suggests I'm looking for a UK based provider with good
rates to UK mobiles and also support for iLBC.

Sipgate support iLBC but don't have a good rate to mobiles (14.9ppm,
charged per minute).
voiptalk has iLBC support too IIRC but 12.5p + VAT isn't very good
either.
Gossiptel charges 15p/10p/6p but doesn't seem to support iLBC.
voip.co.uk charges 15p/10p/5p but also doesn't seem to support iLBC.

Any others?

And yes, in this case iLBC is an absolute requirement.

Cheers

Old January 11th 06, 09:20 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Paul Cummins

In article .com,
() wrote:

Gossiptel charges 15p/10p/6p but doesn't seem to support iLBC.

And they are spammers too...

--
Paul Cummins - Always a NetHead
Wasting Bandwidth since 1981

Old January 11th 06, 11:47 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip
paul123

If you get the voiptalk silver package, it's 10, 8 and 5ppm to most
mobile networks.

downside - cost is 2.99 per month
upside - they give you an incoming geo number with it

Paul

Old January 11th 06, 01:55 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip

I don't have a need for a geographical number and would prefer not to
have a monthly fee.

Any other suggestions?

Old January 11th 06, 10:00 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip

Have you looked at the Draytel service? You can get the 10p/8p/5p
mobile rates by just purchasing £10 call credit and it doesn't look
like there's any monthly fees. www.draytel.org.

Old January 12th 06, 09:03 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip

ADSL line that can only receive ~38 packets per second.

iLBC @ 30ms frame size is ~33 pps, everything else is ~50pps.

Old January 12th 06, 12:21 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip

Tim Bray wrote:

ADSL line that can only receive ~38 packets per second.

iLBC @ 30ms frame size is ~33 pps, everything else is ~50pps.

Is that the line, or the router/firewall on the end of it?

The telco has enforced a packet rate limiting policy during heavy
congestion periods.

I'm sure G.711 with 60ms packets will have fewer packets than that, so
you might not be limited to iLBC.

Yes it uses 16.7pps but all providers default to 20ms and I don't think
they are going to change it just for me! iLBC defaults to 30ms and just
works.

Old January 12th 06, 08:59 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip

Grandstream phones seem to support ilbc. I use gsm or g729 across my
adsl connection.

David Knell wrote:
ADSL line that can only receive ~38 packets per second.
iLBC @ 30ms frame size is ~33 pps, everything else is ~50pps.
Is that the line, or the router/firewall on the end of it?

The telco has enforced a packet rate limiting policy during heavy
congestion periods.

Which telco? Be jolly interested to know.

Thanks --

Dave