Dreytek 2600VG Voip ports connections

Old January 11th 06, 11:54 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Dave

Default Dreytek 2600VG Voip ports connections

I have a Draytek 2600VG and was wondering what connections to use for the
VOIP ports.Is the line connected to the phone on the (RJ11) middle or outer
two I.e. 2+3 OR 1+4 ???, I have a phone that has connections only too the
outer two 1+4.

Dave....

Old January 11th 06, 12:09 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Phil Thompson

On Wed, 11 Jan 2006 12:54:08 +0100, "Dave" wrote:

I have a Draytek 2600VG and was wondering what connections to use for the
VOIP ports.Is the line connected to the phone on the (RJ11) middle or outer
two I.e. 2+3 OR 1+4 ???, I have a phone that has connections only too the
outer two 1+4.

almost certainly ther centre two. The best plan is to keep the
original cable on the phone and fit RJ11-BT adaptors with ring
capacitors to the router.

http://linitx.com/product_info.php?c...roducts_id=679

Phil

No more cable clowns :-))
Old January 11th 06, 12:56 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Dave

"Phil Thompson" wrote in message
On Wed, 11 Jan 2006 12:54:08 +0100, "Dave" wrote:

I have a Draytek 2600VG and was wondering what connections to use for the
VOIP ports.Is the line connected to the phone on the (RJ11) middle or

outer
two I.e. 2+3 OR 1+4 ???, I have a phone that has connections only too the
outer two 1+4.

almost certainly ther centre two. The best plan is to keep the
original cable on the phone and fit RJ11-BT adaptors with ring
capacitors to the router.

http://linitx.com/product_info.php?c...roducts_id=679

Ah Ok, I'm in France at the moment so it's a RJ11-French 'Prise' and on the
phoned end(RJ-11) it uses the outer two 1-4, Thanks anyway at least points
me in the right direction!

Dave..