Making calls with voip.co.uk

Old January 11th 06, 09:33 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
NutCracker

Default Making calls with voip.co.uk

Hello all....

I'm still having teething problems with voip.co.uk - it's getting rather
frustrating! Good news on the voicemail side of things the other weekend -
appears to be working well now!

However, since the work on the voicemail, I've been unable to make any calls
that last any longer than about 45-50 seconds. The line goes dead. I'm able to
use the phone again afterwards - however, for the person that I'm calling, they
are unable to use their phone for a good 5-8 minutes - they don't get a dialling
tone! Ooops!

The only other issue that I have is being able to dial 121 to listen to the
voicemail system - it just doesn't work for me. The support guys are looking
into it.

Anyone else out there that have an account with voip.co.uk and also own a Sipura
SPA-3000 ? I would be very greatful if you could provide me a copy of your
Sipura settings via the NewSipuraUtilV2.exe process (please send configuration
files to nutkracker at hotmail dot com).

This would greatly help in identifying any configuration issues.

Thanks

Nutz

Old January 11th 06, 11:33 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
David Floyd

In message of Wed, 11 Jan 2006, NutCracker writes

Anyone else out there that have an account with voip.co.uk and also own
a Sipura
SPA-3000 ? I would be very greatful if you could provide me a copy of your
Sipura settings via the NewSipuraUtilV2.exe process (please send configuration
files to nutkracker at hotmail dot com).

I use a dial plan of:
(1[45]71S0 :@gw0|:12800[58]0[08]x.:@gw0|:0044117[39]xxxxxxS0
:@gw4|01:00441xxxxxxxxxS0 :@gw4|02:00442xxxxxxxxxS0
:@gw4|00x.:@gw4|#8,:xx.:@gw3|#7,:xx.|#6 ,:xx.:@gw2|123:1431
320S0
:@gw2|1280,:12800x.:@gw0|1899:18990x.:@gw 0|#5,:xx.:@gw1|121S0
:@gw1|*x.)

I use 1280 to force calls through BT because at the moment (and not for
much longer) I have CPS with TalkTalk. For Calls via voip.co.uk I dial
#7 (or #5) before those calls. GW4 is SIPSDiscount, GW3 is
non-operational at the moment, GW2 is Sipgate and 123 is Ivor's Clock.
GW1 is also voip.co.uk as well as Line 1. Don't ask why, it's just been
left like that after experimenting with different providers, and
sometimes I have line 1 with JustDialVoIP.

What is NewSipuraUtilV2.exe

David

#7 (or #5) before those calls. GW4 is SIPSDiscount, GW3 is
non-operational at the moment, GW2 is Sipgate and 123 is Ivor's Clock.
GW1 is also voip.co.uk as well as Line 1. Don't ask why, it's just been
left like that after experimenting with different providers, and
sometimes I have line 1 with JustDialVoIP.

What is NewSipuraUtilV2.exe

David

NewSipuralUtilV2.exe can be downloaded from
http://www.dualarrow.com/modules.php...puraUtilV2.exe

It basically allows you to backup the configuration of your SPA-3000 (saved to a
txt file). If anyone has the SPA-3000 (that works with voip.co.uk) then they
could send me their configuration file so that I can compare - and hopefully
suss out why 121 doesn't work!

Cheers!

#7 (or #5) before those calls. GW4 is SIPSDiscount, GW3 is
non-operational at the moment, GW2 is Sipgate and 123 is Ivor's Clock.
GW1 is also voip.co.uk as well as Line 1. Don't ask why, it's just been
left like that after experimenting with different providers, and
sometimes I have line 1 with JustDialVoIP.

What is NewSipuraUtilV2.exe

David

NewSipuralUtilV2.exe can be downloaded from
http://www.dualarrow.com/modules.php...puraUtilV2.exe

It basically allows you to backup the configuration of your SPA-3000 (saved to a
txt file). If anyone has the SPA-3000 (that works with voip.co.uk) then they
could send me their configuration file so that I can compare - and hopefully
suss out why 121 doesn't work!

Cheers!

For "121" to work, you'll need to add it to your dial plan on the SPA-3000.
I don't have a SPA-3000 personally (I have a Linksys PAP2-NA [i.e. a
reboxed Sipura SPA-2000]), but hopefully you'll be able to adapt this
dialplan:

( *x. | **x. | 0xxx xxx xxx. | [1-8]xx | [1-8]xxx | [1-9]xx xxxx | 00
xxxxx x. | 999. | 1471. | 141 0 x. | 1470 0 x. )

That allows things to work just nicely (including 121 etc).

hth

#7 (or #5) before those calls. GW4 is SIPSDiscount, GW3 is
[...]

I'll check this out! Cheers!

#7 (or #5) before those calls. GW4 is SIPSDiscount, GW3 is
[...]

Unfortunately, using your dial plan didn't work (used yours as opposed to
David's as easier to implement - minimal changes required).

So.....is there another setting on the SPA-3000 that needs changing ?

To whom it may concern.....if you use voip.co.uk and you've got a SPA-3000...and
dialling 121 works for you....please could you take a copy of your settings
using the NewSipuraUtilV2.exe (link above in thread) and send the configuration
file to nutkracker at hotmail dot com.

Many thanks

Old January 14th 06, 12:30 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip
David Floyd

In message of Thu, 12 Jan 2006, NutCracker writes
On Wed, 11 Jan 2006 22:33:58 +0000, David Floyd wrote:

What is NewSipuraUtilV2.exe

David

NewSipuralUtilV2.exe can be downloaded from
http://www.dualarrow.com/modules.php...iewdownloaddet
ails&lid=3&ttitle=NewSipuraUtilV2.exe

It basically allows you to backup the configuration of your SPA-3000
(saved to a
txt file).

Ah yes. I downloaded this months ago and couldn't figure out how to use
it.

What is one supposed to be saving, because as far as I can see the
settings are in the Sipura box accessed via a web interface. I can't
find any relevant files in my system to Drag and Drop, but then I don't
know what files I'm looking for.

Any clues?

David

Old January 14th 06, 10:13 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip
NutCracker

On Fri, 13 Jan 2006 23:30:59 +0000, David Floyd wrote:

[...]

Steps are as follows (assuming you've not used it before AND your SPA-3000
doesn't require admin password - if it does, remove the password just for this
backup)

1) click on the dragging/moving button so it says Moving
2) click on New Entry AND drag it to the devices column
3) enter a device name
4) right click on new device and enter details (IP address of SPA-3000)
5) click on New Entry AND drag it to the configurations column
6) enter a name for your configuration file
7) click on Moving so it changes to Dragging
8) click on your SPA-3000 device AND drag it over to your configuration file

This will COPY the contents of your SPA-3000 configuration FROM the SPA-3000
into the configuration file you've just created.

Close down the application and if you now look in the folder where you ran the
util, you'll see a configuration file with the file extension .configuration.

It's a text file (open it up in notepad for example). NOTE: Your passwords for
your SIP accounts are ***** out - so make sure you've got them written down
somewhere.

(If you drag the configuration file the other way, then the contents of the
configuration file will overwrite the settings on the SPA-3000)

If you could send me your .configuration file to the email address I've
mentioned above in this thread, this would greatly help identify what's going on
with my configuration which in turn may help voip.co.uk in identifying the
problem as well.

Thanks again!

Nutz

Old January 15th 06, 09:42 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip
NutCracker

[...]

Any luck with the instructions I posted yesterday ???

Old January 15th 06, 10:15 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip
David Floyd

In message of Sun, 15 Jan 2006, NutCracker writes
[...]

Thanks for the instructions. I don't find the software very intuitive,
but your instructions helped.

I DO have a life away from the computer, but I did find time to get it
done last night and sent it to you at nutkracker at hotmail dot com at
10:41pm, last night.

David