ATA recommendation

Old January 12th 06, 09:02 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
John DH

Default ATA recommendation

Hi

Can anyone recommend a good ata that will plug in to the back of my D-Link
G604T router please.

Thanks

Old January 12th 06, 09:36 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Ivor Jones

"John DH" wrote in message

Hi

Can anyone recommend a good ata that will plug in to the
back of my D-Link G604T router please.

Thanks

To do what..? How many phone ports do you need..? Will you need PSTN
passthrough..?

For use with an existing router, I would recommend anything from the
Sipura range. They aren't the cheapest, but they do work well.

www.sipura.com will give you more info on the various models. I use the
SPA-2000 for 2 phone ports, this has I believe been superseded but you can
still find them 2nd hand.

Ivor

Old January 12th 06, 09:40 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
{{{{{Welcome}}}}}

Thus spaketh John DH:
Hi

Can anyone recommend a good ata that will plug in to the back of my
D-Link G604T router please.

Thanks

I'm happy with my LinkSys PAP2.
Old January 12th 06, 10:01 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Scope

{{{{{Welcome}}}}} wrote:
Thus spaketh John DH:

Hi

Can anyone recommend a good ata that will plug in to the back of my
D-Link G604T router please.

Thanks

I'm happy with my LinkSys PAP2.

Me too am very happy with my PAP2.. Best 20 I have ever spent.
Old January 13th 06, 09:08 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip
John DH

Thanks for you help.

John DH

Old January 13th 06, 09:08 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip
John DH

Thanks for you help.

John DH

Old January 13th 06, 09:16 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Paul Hayes

Ivor Jones wrote:
"John DH" wrote in message

Hi

Can anyone recommend a good ata that will plug in to the
back of my D-Link G604T router please.

Thanks

To do what..? How many phone ports do you need..? Will you need PSTN
passthrough..?

For use with an existing router, I would recommend anything from the
Sipura range. They aren't the cheapest, but they do work well.

www.sipura.com will give you more info on the various models. I use the
SPA-2000 for 2 phone ports, this has I believe been superseded but you can
still find them 2nd hand.

Ivor

yes it's replaced with the SPA-2002 which is the same price & has a
nicer looking casing. Other than that it works the same, internally is
has a more powerful processor which means you can have two simultaneous
G.729 calls on the go at once & the ability to process the T.38 fax
protocol although this isn't supported by the firmware yet.