VoIPCheap - Help Please - can't make calls from PC client

Old January 12th 06, 11:12 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
snowy_joey

Default VoIPCheap - Help Please - can't make calls from PC client

Apologies if this has been covered, but I can't see it.

I'm a Newbie and I've tried to use the VoIPCheap PC client to make
calls to UK land lines but I have never once got a call connected. I
first tried about 2 months ago, and I try regularly with the updates as
I get them. At first it said that the "network was busy". After about
a month and a few updates, it started to say "the other party has ended
the call".

I have never once been able to make call. I put this down to duff
client software, but as I can't find any instances of anyone else
reporting this, I guess it must be something peculiar to me.

I use Skype successfully and I have Eclipse 2M broadband.

Is there some network configuration I need to set up? I have set up
the VoIPClient software connection to be high speed internet and used
the default port 3830.

Old January 13th 06, 02:15 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Martin²

You are not running Skype and Voipcheap at the same time I hope ?
The default port for SIP VoIP is usually 5060, though I am not sure about
Voipcheap.
Regards,
Martin

Old January 13th 06, 09:22 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Ivor Jones

"Martin²" wrote in message

You are not running Skype and Voipcheap at the same time
I hope ? The default port for SIP VoIP is usually 5060, though I
am not sure about Voipcheap.
Regards,
Martin

There are known problems associated with running Skype at the same time as
X-Lite, I wonder if it could be a related thing..?

Ivor

Old February 7th 06, 04:59 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
snowy_joey

Apologies for the delay in getting back - I've been away.

Thanks for the suggestions, but I'm not trying to run any other VoIP
stuff at the same time. I've updated a couple more times, but still no
joy.

Any further suggestions would be very much appreciated as VoIP do not
respond to me contacting them on this.