A Broadband and ADSL forum. BroadbanterBanter

Welcome to BroadbanterBanter.

You are currently viewing as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today.

Go Back   Home » BroadbanterBanter forum » Newsgroup Discussions » uk.telecom.voip (UK VOIP)
Site Map Home Register Authors List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Web Partners

uk.telecom.voip (UK VOIP) (uk.telecom.voip) Discussion of topics relevant to packet based voice technologies including Voice over IP (VoIP), Fax over IP (FoIP), Voice over Frame Relay (VoFR), Voice over Broadband (VoB) and Voice on the Net (VoN) as well as service providers, hardware and software for use with these technologies. Advertising is not allowed.

ACR - Sipura SPA-3000



 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old January 13th 06, 12:51 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Brian A
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 1,037
Default ACR - Sipura SPA-3000

Would I be right in saying that ACR has to work via the voip operator
or can I set my SPA-3000 to do it?
I have tried mucking about with various settings on the SPA-3000 and
dialling *77 to no avail.
I got 4 'withheld' calls during the night. I have a sick mother so I
prefer not to switch off the phone.
If it is possible to set it up on the ATA how do I do that?
The Sipura Guide hasn't helped.
Remove 'no_spam_' from email address.
  #2  
Old January 13th 06, 02:11 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Andrew Gabriel
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 227
Default ACR - Sipura SPA-3000

In article ,
Brian A writes:
I got 4 'withheld' calls during the night.


Are these just one ring?
If so, I think you have the problem of the SPA-3000 responding rather
too quickly to a line reversal which never actually turns into a call.
This is used a part of the BT line testing, which happens mainly at
night.

The latest SPA-3000 firmware fixes this problem.

--
Andrew Gabriel
  #4  
Old January 13th 06, 03:36 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Jono
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 94
Default ACR - Sipura SPA-3000


"Andrew Gabriel" wrote in message
.. .
In article ,
Brian A writes:
I got 4 'withheld' calls during the night.


Are these just one ring?
If so, I think you have the problem of the SPA-3000 responding rather
too quickly to a line reversal which never actually turns into a call.
This is used a part of the BT line testing, which happens mainly at
night.

The latest SPA-3000 firmware fixes this problem.

--
Andrew Gabriel


Thanks for that! Once a week at 4am, all phones ring - Right PITA.


  #5  
Old January 13th 06, 07:15 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Alan Ramsay
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 5
Default ACR - Sipura SPA-3000

Brian A wrote:
Would I be right in saying that ACR has to work via the voip operator
or can I set my SPA-3000 to do it?
I have tried mucking about with various settings on the SPA-3000 and
dialling *77 to no avail.
I got 4 'withheld' calls during the night. I have a sick mother so I
prefer not to switch off the phone.
If it is possible to set it up on the ATA how do I do that?
The Sipura Guide hasn't helped.
Remove 'no_spam_' from email address.


Not sure about the SPA-3000, but in the SPA-2002, on the User1 tab,
there is an option "Block ANC setting" - setting this to YES on the
SPA-2002 stops any withheld calls; it sends a reject message out during
the SIP negotiations which your VOIP provider should recognise and
forward the call to your not available destination (usually voicemail)
(Well, at least Gradwell recognise this).

What would be really nice is if the VOIP provider recognised the "406
Unaceptable" response and allow you to forward these to another
destination (such as an alternate VM greeting asking the caller to call
back without withholding their number).

Regards

Alan
  #6  
Old January 13th 06, 07:36 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Ivor Jones
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 3,969
Default ACR - Sipura SPA-3000



"Alan Ramsay"
wrote in message


[snip]

Not sure about the SPA-3000, but in the SPA-2002, on the
User1 tab, there is an option "Block ANC setting" -
setting this to YES on the SPA-2002 stops any withheld
calls; it sends a reject message out during the SIP
negotiations which your VOIP provider should recognise
and forward the call to your not available destination
(usually voicemail) (Well, at least Gradwell recognise
this).


I just tried that on my SPA-2000 (on Sipgate) and got "The number you have
called has not been recognised" from my Telewest line. The SPA still rang
the connected phone though..!

Ivor


  #7  
Old January 13th 06, 07:55 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Alan Ramsay
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 5
Default ACR - Sipura SPA-3000

Ivor Jones wrote:
"Alan Ramsay"
wrote in message


[snip]

Not sure about the SPA-3000, but in the SPA-2002, on the
User1 tab, there is an option "Block ANC setting" -
setting this to YES on the SPA-2002 stops any withheld
calls; it sends a reject message out during the SIP
negotiations which your VOIP provider should recognise
and forward the call to your not available destination
(usually voicemail) (Well, at least Gradwell recognise
this).


I just tried that on my SPA-2000 (on Sipgate) and got "The number you have
called has not been recognised" from my Telewest line. The SPA still rang
the connected phone though..!

Ivor



Not sure if it's the SPA 2002 or the way in which Gradwell handles the
406 response code; but it works "sweet as a nut" with them; it could
perhaps be worth asking SIPGATE how they handle the 406 response code
and see if they can do anything with it.

I'll certainly be asking Gradwell if they can provide an option when
they get the "406 unacceptable" to divert to an alternate number - if
Peter is reading this, perhaps he could comment.

Here's an extract of the SPA-2002 log so that you can see how it works -
I've obviously removed any identifiable parts from it:

[0:5060]193.111.xxx.yy:5082
SIP/2.0 200 OK
To: Main :5060;tag=2c81a967
From: Main :5060;tag=2495c6383503623bo0
Via: SIP/2.0/UDP 192.168.x.xxx:5060;branch=z9hG4bK-ec0a98d9
Call-ID:
CSeq: 349 REGISTER
Contact: Main :5060;expires=25
Content-Length: 0




[0]RegOK. NextReg in 24 (1)
RSE_DEBUG: unref domain, nat.gradwell.net
RSE_DEBUG: last unref for domain nat.gradwell.net
[0:5060]193.111.xxx.yy:5082
INVITE :5060 SIP/2.0
To: sip[email protected] 93.111.xxx.yy:5082
From: ;tag=075 0e731
Via: SIP/2.0/UDP
193.111.xxx.yy:5082;branch=z9hG4bK-d87543-b3e750402b4ddd5d8d63-1-cHBiM2U2ZmEwNTg3MWY2NTczYjE5NA..-d87543-
Call-ID: e2f0cf1470c4646bd4227b383224541d
CSeq: 348760171 INVITE
Contact: y:5082
Max-Forwards: 70
Allow: INVITE, ACK, CANCEL, OPTIONS, BYE, REFER
Content-Type: application/sdp
Date: Wed, 11 Jan 2006 13:53:52 GMT
User-Agent: Asterisk PBX
Content-Length: 247

[0:5060]-193.111.xxx.yy:5082
SIP/2.0 100 Trying
To: sip[email protected] 93.111.xxx.yy:5082
From: ;tag=075 0e731
Call-ID: e2f0cf1470c4646bd4227b383224541d
CSeq: 348760171 INVITE
Via: SIP/2.0/UDP
193.111.xxx.yy:5082;branch=z9hG4bK-d87543-b3e750402b4ddd5d8d63-1-cHBiM2U2ZmEwNTg3MWY2NTczYjE5NA..-d87543-
Server: Sipura/SPA2002-3.1.5
Content-Length: 0


*********************THIS IS WHERE THE 406 RESPONSE HAPPENS *********
[0:5060]-193.111.xxx.yy:5082
SIP/2.0 406 Not Acceptable
To:
sip[email protected] 93.111.xxx.yy:5082;tag=1aadcfbce29d4687i0
From: ;tag=075 0e731
Call-ID: e2f0cf1470c4646bd4227b383224541d
CSeq: 348760171 INVITE
Via: SIP/2.0/UDP
193.111.xxx.yy:5082;branch=z9hG4bK-d87543-b3e750402b4ddd5d8d63-1-cHBiM2U2ZmEwNTg3MWY2NTczYjE5NA..-d87543-
Server: Sipura/SPA2002-3.1.5
Content-Length: 0

[0:5060]193.111.xxx.yy:5082
ACK :5060 SIP/2.0
To:
sip[email protected] 93.111.xxx.yy:5082;tag=1aadcfbce29d4687i0
From: ;tag=075 0e731
Via: SIP/2.0/UDP
193.111.xxx.yy:5082;branch=z9hG4bK-d87543-b3e750402b4ddd5d8d63-1-cHBiM2U2ZmEwNTg3MWY2NTczYjE5NA..-d87543-
Call-ID: e2f0cf1470c4646bd4227b383224541d
CSeq: 348760171 ACK
Content-Length: 0

[0:5060]193.111.xxx.yy:5082
NOTIFY :5060 SIP/2.0
To: sip[email protected] 93.111.xxx.yy:5082
From: ;tag=410b5119
Via: SIP/2.0/UDP
193.111.xxx.yy:5082;branch=z9hG4bK-d87543-b077f22b81e0ae24ff77-1--d87543-
Call-ID: 2b0cc208d6cd230df00badcbe57ab3f5
CSeq: 1 NOTIFY
Contact: *
Max-Forwards: 70
Content-Type: application/simple-message-summary
User-Agent: mwi-pl/1.0
Event: message-summary
Content-Length: 39

Messages-Waiting: yes
Voicemail: 1/0
[0]MWI 1 1/0
  #8  
Old January 13th 06, 08:35 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Brian A
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 1,037
Default ACR - Sipura SPA-3000

On Fri, 13 Jan 2006 19:15:15 GMT, Alan Ramsay
wrote:

Brian A wrote:
Would I be right in saying that ACR has to work via the voip operator
or can I set my SPA-3000 to do it?
I have tried mucking about with various settings on the SPA-3000 and
dialling *77 to no avail.
I got 4 'withheld' calls during the night. I have a sick mother so I
prefer not to switch off the phone.
If it is possible to set it up on the ATA how do I do that?
The Sipura Guide hasn't helped.
Remove 'no_spam_' from email address.


Not sure about the SPA-3000, but in the SPA-2002, on the User1 tab,
there is an option "Block ANC setting" - setting this to YES on the
SPA-2002 stops any withheld calls; it sends a reject message out during
the SIP negotiations which your VOIP provider should recognise and
forward the call to your not available destination (usually voicemail)
(Well, at least Gradwell recognise this).

What would be really nice is if the VOIP provider recognised the "406
Unaceptable" response and allow you to forward these to another
destination (such as an alternate VM greeting asking the caller to call
back without withholding their number).

I had tried the 'Block ANC setting' before with no luck. Now I think
I know why. If I call from either my Orange or BT mobile to my voip
line, preceeding the number with 141, to block my number, the CLI
still displays on the voip line. As a check, if I call from my BT
mobile to my Orange mobile and block the CLI it shows as a 'private
number'. Hence, my voip line picks up the blocked CLI whereas the
Orange mobile does not.
Then I asked a friend with a BT line to bloack his number with 141 and
to call me. His number came through unblocked.
I conclude:-
1. The 'withheld' calls I have been receiving are, indeed, the fault
of the ATA and not real calls at all.
2. I can see the callers CLI even if it is blocked.



Remove 'no_spam_' from email address.
 




Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
AAH Sipura 3000 Matt uk.telecom.voip (UK VOIP) 27 November 24th 05 04:18 PM
PAP2 and Sipura 3000 and the * key Sparks uk.telecom.voip (UK VOIP) 1 October 20th 05 01:15 PM
Sipura 3000 PSTN to VoIP Henk van Andel uk.telecom.voip (UK VOIP) 4 October 17th 05 10:50 PM
Sipura 3000 on a PBX Philippe Deleye uk.telecom.voip (UK VOIP) 2 July 3rd 05 04:28 PM
HT-488 or the Sipura SPA-3000? [email protected] uk.telecom.voip (UK VOIP) 3 May 27th 05 06:54 PM


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 02:05 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 2.4.0
Copyright 2004-2019 BroadbanterBanter.
The comments are property of their posters.