Sipgate Update

Old January 13th 06, 05:37 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
{{{{{Welcome}}}}}

Default Sipgate Update

Call UK mobiles for 9.9 p/min

Sipgate account now with SMS functionality

Now available, SMS messages can be comfortably sent from sipgate.co.uk to
single or multiple users.

The most important features:

World-wide uniform price 5.9 pence
Full 160 characters per message
Select receiver from your personal contacts
Specify the time of your SMS dispatch
Set the message to reflect your own mobile phone number
Receive answers to your mobile phone
Online SMS outbox
Account control over sipgate credit
Itemised entries

--
For 5 when referred to easyMobile contact me via
http://www.south-east-birmingham.tk

Old January 13th 06, 06:04 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Ivor Jones

"{{{{{Welcome}}}}}"
wrote in message

Call UK mobiles for 9.9 p/min

Sipgate account now with SMS functionality

Now available, SMS messages can be comfortably sent from
sipgate.co.uk to single or multiple users.

[snip]

You beat me to it..! It's cheaper at last to call mobiles from Sipgate
than using my mobile..!

Ivor

Old January 13th 06, 06:18 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
{{{{{Welcome}}}}}

Thus spaketh Jodokus:
On Fri, 13 Jan 2006 17:37:34 GMT, "{{{{{Welcome}}}}}"
wrote:

Call UK mobiles for 9.9 p/min

Sipgate account now with SMS functionality

Now available, SMS messages can be comfortably sent from
sipgate.co.uk to single or multiple users.

Comfortably indeed. But it would be more comfortable if sent from my
own Asterisk PBX... Would be a nice feature!

Jodokus.

Or my SMS enabled phones, not checked if this is possible, but would be good
if it was.

Old January 13th 06, 07:12 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Jono

"{{{{{Welcome}}}}}" wrote in message

Sipgate account now with SMS functionality

Now available, SMS messages can be comfortably sent from sipgate.co.uk to
single or multiple users.

World-wide uniform price 5.9 pence

It's a bit strange that SMS notification of voicemail is 9p per text, yet an
actual SMS is 5.9p.

Old January 13th 06, 07:14 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
alexd

{{{{{Welcome}}}}} wrote:

snipped spam

The charter of this froup does not allow spam.

alexd
--
http://ale.cx/ (AIM:troffasky) )
19:14:18 up 12 days, 6:31, 2 users, load average: 0.39, 0.26, 0.44

Old January 13th 06, 07:15 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
alexd

wrote:

Call UK mobiles for 9.9 p/min

Sipgate account now with SMS functionality

Now available, SMS messages can be comfortably sent from sipgate.co.uk to
single or multiple users.

Comfortably indeed. But it would be more comfortable if sent from my
own Asterisk PBX... Would be a nice feature!

Have you tried? I can send SMS internally with Asterisk. I can't see why
using the Sipgate trunk would be any different.

--
http://ale.cx/ (AIM:troffasky) )
19:14:52 up 12 days, 6:32, 2 users, load average: 0.44, 0.29, 0.44

Old January 13th 06, 07:28 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
{{{{{Welcome}}}}}

Thus spaketh alexd:
The charter of this froup does not allow spam.

alexd

LOL
Old January 13th 06, 09:30 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Jodokus

wrote:

Call UK mobiles for 9.9 p/min

Sipgate account now with SMS functionality

Now available, SMS messages can be comfortably sent from sipgate.co.uk to
single or multiple users.

Comfortably indeed. But it would be more comfortable if sent from my
own Asterisk PBX... Would be a nice feature!

Have you tried? I can send SMS internally with Asterisk. I can't see why
using the Sipgate trunk would be any different.

I would like to, but I don't know how! :-) But I found something here
http://www.automated.it/asterisk/sms.html
and here
http://www.voip-info.org/wiki-Asterisk+cmd+Sms

Last year I bought a small device to send and receive SMS via a fixed
line. I don't know wether it is specific for the Dutch POTS. It calls
a preprogrammed number and then sends the message. Maybe I can
intercept that number in Asterisk or redefine it.
To be continued...

Jodokus
Old January 13th 06, 10:31 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip

On Fri, 13 Jan 2006 19:14:44 GMT, alexd wrote:

The charter of this froup does not allow spam.

Just as well he didn't post any, then.
Old January 14th 06, 08:26 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip
GwG

Sipgate account now with SMS functionality

Now available, SMS messages can be comfortably sent from
sipgate.co.uk to
single or multiple users.

I sent a SMS to my 3 mobile at 19:20 to test it out, as yet (23:05) no
message has arrived.