001 723 001 200

Old January 14th 06, 06:27 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
{{{{{Welcome}}}}}

Default 001 723 001 200

Just received a call on my VoIP Stunt number, a number only one person uses to
call me on, as everyone else uses my Sipgate number, the number displayed as
001 723 001 200 , there seems to be a digit missing I would have thought, they
had an American accent asking me if I had a contract or pay as you go phone.

I just put the phone down, I have no time to waste with people like this.

Wonder if anyone else has received the same, or an idea who they are?

--
For £5 when referred to easyMobile contact me via
http://www.south-east-birmingham.tk

Old January 15th 06, 02:50 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Martin²

That's what I was afraid of: the telemarketing bums calling via VoIP at
virtually no cost !
And there isn't anything we can do about it, except find out who they are
and complain, but as they are likely to call from abroad, there will be no
help from anyone.
Regards,
Martin

Old January 15th 06, 09:02 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip
GwG

"Martin²" wrote in message
That's what I was afraid of: the telemarketing bums calling via VoIP
at virtually no cost !
And there isn't anything we can do about it, except find out who they
are and complain, but as they are likely to call from abroad, there
will be no help from anyone.

What a defeatist attitude.
If the telemarketing calls are concerning a company that is resident in
the UK, then they are covered by the TPS rules in the UK, and any
breaches carry the same penalties. If the calls are from another
country, a lot of countries now have laws against telemarketing, and I
am sure they would be interested if informed of any breaches, but if we
all give up and don't complain, then we can be sure that these calls
will increase.

Old January 15th 06, 05:55 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Peter Corlett

Martin² wrote:
That's what I was afraid of: the telemarketing bums calling via VoIP
at virtually no cost !

They may not have known it was delivered over VoIP and called the POTS
number at the same rate as any other number.

And there isn't anything we can do about it, except find out who
they are and complain, but as they are likely to call from abroad,
there will be no help from anyone.

I gather there's some sort of progress with the Florida phone
spammers, but I've not heard much recently. There was presumably
enough margin in their scheme that they could happily pay for lengthy
calls to the UK.

--
I've seen video of some loon hammering a nail into his own testicle. Mind you,
I've had days when that would seem like a reasonable alernative to being a