Linksys PAP2/Voipbuster

Old January 14th 06, 08:12 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
John DH

Default Linksys PAP2/Voipbuster

Hi

I'm thinking of getting a pap2 ata. Googling around some of the forums, I
have read that there may some issues with the codec's and voipbuster not
working on this ata.

Has anyone got voipbuster/cheap etc working on this ata and is there
anything in particular to look out for.

Thanks

John DH

Old January 14th 06, 08:44 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
{{{{{Welcome}}}}}

Thus spaketh John DH:
Hi

I'm thinking of getting a pap2 ata. Googling around some of the
forums, I have read that there may some issues with the codec's and
voipbuster not working on this ata.

Has anyone got voipbuster/cheap etc working on this ata and is there
anything in particular to look out for.

Thanks

John DH

I used to have VoIP Buster working on my PAP2 when they offered free calls to
the UK, but now use VoIP Stunt, and have used SIP Discount with no problem
either. VoIP Cheap only seems to work via their softphone.

Old January 14th 06, 09:33 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
{{{{{Welcome}}}}}

Thus spaketh Niko :
{{{{{Welcome}}}}} wrote:
Thus spaketh John DH:
Hi

I'm thinking of getting a pap2 ata. Googling around some of the
forums, I have read that there may some issues with the codec's and
voipbuster not working on this ata.

Has anyone got voipbuster/cheap etc working on this ata and is there
anything in particular to look out for.

Thanks

John DH

I used to have VoIP Buster working on my PAP2 when they offered free
calls to the UK, but now use VoIP Stunt, and have used SIP Discount
with no problem either. VoIP Cheap only seems to work via their
softphone.

I've got set up VoipCheap on a linxys pap2, using the voipstunt
server (thaks to paul123).

username: your voipcheap username
ID: your voipcheap username
password: your voipcheap password
domain: voipstunt.com
proxy: sip.voipstunt.com
stun: stun.voipbuster.com
Regards
Niko

Yes, I forgot about doing it that way around.

Old January 14th 06, 11:49 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
John DH

Thanks,

Amazon have one listed for £19.99 Vonage is mentioned in the description.
Would this mean that the pap2 advertised is locked in to Vonage?
Looking at the online installation documentation from Linksys does not fill
me with confidence either. Am I worrying unduly about this?

Old January 15th 06, 12:13 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip
{{{{{Welcome}}}}}

Thus spaketh John DH:
Thanks,

Amazon have one listed for £19.99 Vonage is mentioned in the
description. Would this mean that the pap2 advertised is locked in to
Vonage?
Looking at the online installation documentation from Linksys does
not fill me with confidence either. Am I worrying unduly about this?

John DH

It may be possible to unlock the vonage locked ones, I have heard some later
revisions weren't unlockable, but I have not heard of anyone on here say they
haven't managed to unlock one.

The PAP2 is a great piece of kit. You are indeed unduly worrying.

For full details on how to set up the PAP2, use the following userguide:
http://www.sipura.com/Documents/Sipu...uidev2.0.9.pdf

Old January 15th 06, 01:29 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip
voipling

please look he
VoipBuster.com / SIPDiscount.com / VoipStunt.com PAP2 configuration

http://www.voipconfig.de
Old January 15th 06, 03:00 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Martin²

To John DH:
Yes, they ARE locked to Vonage and AFAIK nobody has succeeded in unlocking
them.
You can get an unlocked Linksys PAP2 from broadbandbuyer.co.uk at £44.14 or
other suppliers.
Regards,
Martin

Old January 15th 06, 11:26 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip
paul123

voipling wrote:
please look he
VoipBuster.com / SIPDiscount.com / VoipStunt.com PAP2 configuration

http://www.voipconfig.de

I thought the PAP2 was only 2 ports with 2 voip accounts, yet I note
that this link shows 4 voip accounts configured on the PAP2.

Hmmm - attractive piece of kit.

Old January 15th 06, 12:43 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip

On 15 Jan 2006 03:26:41 -0800, "paul123" wrote:

I thought the PAP2 was only 2 ports with 2 voip accounts, yet I note
that this link shows 4 voip accounts configured on the PAP2.

That's to show four different configurations on one page. Neat idea.
Old January 15th 06, 09:35 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip

That's odd. Back when the unlocking of the PAP2 just came out I bought
a vonage-locked one as did many others and unlocked them fine. Mine
works with my asterisk box fine. I cannot say whether it works on later
PAP2s (the new 3.1.7 firmware stops this but there might be new
developments).