VoIP service provider advice

Old January 16th 06, 10:41 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Tony Arnold

Default VoIP service provider advice

I've just become interested in VoIP other than Skype and was amazed by the
number of service providers here in the UK. I was wondering if anyone had
any advice on how to go about selecting the best provider? My use is only
casual at the moment, but I would want to dial non-VoIP numbers. I would
also not want to pay a monthly fee, if I can avoid it. I've signed up
initially with voip.co.uk, but am having problems that I will share in
another thread. Oh, I'm a Linux user by the way and am using Linphone!

Tony.
Old January 16th 06, 10:59 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Jono

Tony Arnold wrote:
|| I've just become interested in VoIP other than Skype and was amazed
|| by the number of service providers here in the UK. I was wondering
|| if anyone had any advice on how to go about selecting the best
|| provider? My use is only casual at the moment, but I would want to
|| dial non-VoIP numbers. I would also not want to pay a monthly fee,
|| if I can avoid it. I've signed up initially with voip.co.uk, but am
|| having problems that I will share in another thread. Oh, I'm a Linux
|| user by the way and am using Linphone!
|| Tony.

www.sipgate.co.uk - free geographic number, PAYG calls to PSTN,

www.voip.co.uk - free geographic number but 10 credit required, cheaper UK
landline calls than Sipgate, PAYG calls to PSTN.

www.voipstunt.com - free calls to UK landlines (while it lasts)

Old January 17th 06, 12:30 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip

Jono wrote:
Tony Arnold wrote:
|| I've just become interested in VoIP other than Skype and was amazed
|| by the number of service providers here in the UK. I was wondering
|| if anyone had any advice on how to go about selecting the best
|| provider? My use is only casual at the moment, but I would want to
|| dial non-VoIP numbers. I would also not want to pay a monthly fee,
|| if I can avoid it. I've signed up initially with voip.co.uk, but am
|| having problems that I will share in another thread. Oh, I'm a Linux
|| user by the way and am using Linphone!
|| Tony.

www.sipgate.co.uk - free geographic number, PAYG calls to PSTN,

www.voip.co.uk - free geographic number but ?10 credit required, cheaper UK
landline calls than Sipgate, PAYG calls to PSTN.

www.voipstunt.com - free calls to UK landlines (while it lasts)

I'm in the same boat as the OP so the above list is useful.

Is it possible to find more 'technical' information for
www.voipstunt.com to enable one to set up a VOIP enabled router with
it?

--
Chris Green

Old January 17th 06, 07:23 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Jono

wrote in message ...
Jono wrote:

Is it possible to find more 'technical' information for
www.voipstunt.com to enable one to set up a VOIP enabled router with
it?

--
Chris Green

Tell us what you're using (router wise) and I'm sure you'll be able to find
more "technical" information right here.

Old January 17th 06, 07:35 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
alexd

wrote:

Is it possible to find more 'technical' information for
www.voipstunt.com to enable one to set up a VOIP enabled router with
it?

Search for 'voipstunt asterisk' and you'll get all the technical information
you can eat!

--
http://ale.cx/ (AIM:troffasky) )
19:35:11 up 1 day, 23:50, 2 users, load average: 0.10, 0.07, 0.07

Old January 18th 06, 09:51 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip

Jono wrote:

wrote in message ...
Jono wrote:

Is it possible to find more 'technical' information for
www.voipstunt.com to enable one to set up a VOIP enabled router with
it?

--
Chris Green

Tell us what you're using (router wise) and I'm sure you'll be able to find
more "technical" information right here.

It's a Zyxel 2602HW which arrived yesterday. I have got it set up as
my router already (I'm using it to post this) but haven't looked at
the VOIP bits at all yet.

--
Chris Green

Old January 24th 06, 06:38 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip

Visit www.voiphelpforum.com for a list of providers and there packages
they offer....also has a Forum where you can post any questions...

Old January 25th 06, 08:19 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip
David Floyd

In message of Tue, 24 Jan 2006, writes
Visit www.voiphelpforum.com for a list of providers and there packages
they offer....also has a Forum where you can post any questions...

BUT this is a UK group!!