Dual Game connection + VoIP

Old January 19th 06, 12:40 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Lester

Default Dual Game connection + VoIP

I have a cable modem, a switch, and the Blueyonder Dual Gaming option
which gives me a second IP address. That is wired to a part of the house
where I'd like to put a VoIP phone.

I've plugged a Grandstream Handytone 486 Analogue Telephone Adapter into
it, and so far I can't get it to run. I've had it successfully connected
for testing on the Blueyonder primary IP connection which goes to my
computer.

Is anyone aware of any functional difference between the IP addresses
that might account for this?
Old January 19th 06, 06:40 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Jono

Lester wrote:
|| I have a cable modem, a switch, and the Blueyonder Dual Gaming option
|| which gives me a second IP address. That is wired to a part of the
|| house where I'd like to put a VoIP phone.
|| I've plugged a Grandstream Handytone 486 Analogue Telephone Adapter
|| into it, and so far I can't get it to run. I've had it successfully
|| connected for testing on the Blueyonder primary IP connection which
|| goes to my computer.
|| Is anyone aware of any functional difference between the IP addresses
|| that might account for this?

Have you tried power-cyling everything?

Old January 20th 06, 02:02 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Lester

Jono wrote:
Lester wrote:
|| I have a cable modem, a switch, and the Blueyonder Dual Gaming option
|| which gives me a second IP address. That is wired to a part of the
|| house where I'd like to put a VoIP phone.
|| I've plugged a Grandstream Handytone 486 Analogue Telephone Adapter
|| into it, and so far I can't get it to run. I've had it successfully
|| connected for testing on the Blueyonder primary IP connection which
|| goes to my computer.
|| Is anyone aware of any functional difference between the IP addresses
|| that might account for this?

Have you tried power-cyling everything?

Oh yes. It's my first line of attack. There's definitely something
different with the Dual Game connection, I just don't know what it is,
and Blueyonder have no intention of telling me.

Has anyone here any experience in this area?