Using VigorTalk unit with VOIPBuster?

Old January 19th 06, 09:24 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip

Default Using VigorTalk unit with VOIPBuster?

Hi;

Got my Dad's Draytek Vigortalk unit working - it's a lot easier to set
up than my Draytek 2900VG. However, I'd like to get it working with a
"free" service, instead of the Draytel pay-service.

It's cheap enough at 1p per minute; but it just gets to me that
VOIPBuster will do the same stuff for less!!

The Vigortalk looks pretty proprietary, though; and after I log in
using the web interface there's an unchangeable line that says
"draytel.org" as the SIP provider.

Has anyone tried changing the settings? Successfully?

Tim

Old January 20th 06, 02:44 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Martin²

From the seg.co.uk website (Draytek UK distributor):
This product is for the DrayTEL VoIP service only
This product requires you to have an active account with the DrayTEL

So clearly it's LOCKED to Draytel !
Regards,
Martin

Old January 20th 06, 09:51 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip

Shucks. I'll wait until he's got the hang of it, and get him a Sipura
for his birthday. Thanks, Martin;

To be fair, for £29.99 it's probably being subsidised, it's hardly
expensive, and draytel rates aren't "bad" - just not as good as
voipbuster!

Tim

Old January 24th 06, 01:21 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Martin²

can it not be flashed with a standard vigortalk firmware?

Since Draytek Vigor is also Draytel, then there probably isn't any 'std.'
firmware.

You can get unlocked Linksys PAP2 from broadbandbuyer ~£40.
Regards,
Martin