Voipstunt incoming call problem

Old January 20th 06, 10:11 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Me

Default Voipstunt incoming call problem

I have my voip router set up with Voipstunt and it works fine for
outgoing calls.

Incoming calls worked until last weekend and now I am told that when
people ring in it says "connection error" on their mobiles and "this
number is temporarily out of order" from a landline.

However, if the software client is loaded on my PC, then incoming
calls work fine.

I just wondered if anyone currently had incoming calls working
successfully on an ATA / router and could give me the settings.

Thanks

Me
Old January 20th 06, 04:12 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
{{{{{Welcome}}}}}

Thus spaketh Me:
I have my voip router set up with Voipstunt and it works fine for
outgoing calls.

Incoming calls worked until last weekend and now I am told that when
people ring in it says "connection error" on their mobiles and "this
number is temporarily out of order" from a landline.

However, if the software client is loaded on my PC, then incoming
calls work fine.

I just wondered if anyone currently had incoming calls working
successfully on an ATA / router and could give me the settings.

Thanks

Me

Working fine on my PAP2 ATA, but you do get the problem you describe if you
don't allow certain codecs, such as G711a.

Old January 21st 06, 06:01 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Me

Working fine on my PAP2 ATA, but you do get the problem you describe if you
don't allow certain codecs, such as G711a.

Thank you

You solved it - I had G711u - though it was working til last weekend
on G711u.

Me