Which Codec?

Old January 21st 06, 08:47 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip
the hamiltons

Default Which Codec?

Hi all-I'm using a Sipura SPA2000 with a satellite 128/512k connection.
Obviously I suffer latency problems but I can work around this. My problem
is incoming calls are fine but outgoing calls are very distorted. In the
Sipura set-up I notice the codec in use is G723. The connection is capped at
128/1gb a month so bandwidth is an issue,however I need to be heard! In
which order do I start using the other codecs to start using more bandwidth.
For those not familar with the Sipura the available codcs
are;G711u,G711a, G726-16-24-32-40, G729a.TIA.

Old January 21st 06, 01:41 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Darren J Longhorn

On Sat, 21 Jan 2006 09:47:44 +0100, "the hamiltons"
wrote:

Hi all-I'm using a Sipura SPA2000 with a satellite 128/512k connection.
Obviously I suffer latency problems but I can work around this. My problem
is incoming calls are fine but outgoing calls are very distorted. In the
Sipura set-up I notice the codec in use is G723. The connection is capped at
128/1gb a month so bandwidth is an issue,however I need to be heard! In
which order do I start using the other codecs to start using more bandwidth.
For those not familar with the Sipura the available codcs
are;G711u,G711a, G726-16-24-32-40, G729a.TIA.

In increasing order of bandwidth:
G723
G729a
G726-16