Cheap small SIP handset?

Old January 22nd 06, 12:11 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
peter

Default Cheap small SIP handset?

Martin wrote:
Anyone know of a good cheap IP handset? Ideally something small that I
can take on the road.

So far, just found the GrandStream BT-101 at 45 quid - anyone here used
that one?
http://www.sipgate.co.uk/catalog/pro...?products_id=1

Cheers,

- Martin.

If you can live with a USB-thingy to be plugged into a computer, then
have a look at the F2K USB-stick & audio-device from
http://www.mplat.com/ I have X-LIte installed on it and it works just
fine. I got mine from Canada 5 days after ordering.

Old February 2nd 06, 10:41 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip

Two days ago I purcahased the pnone and it works like a charm. I
recommend it...

Rob Nicholson wrote:
Thanks, but I was really looking for a handset with 10/100 Ethernet
connectivity. There are lots of PC-based products free of charge, but I
don't like that solution myself, in terms of practicality and security.

I'd be interested in this as well - need a couple to evaluate VOIP PBX
systems.

Cheers, Rob.

Old February 2nd 06, 02:33 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Nick Ward

This one looks interesting (only just read the review but seems worth
passing on):

http://www.webuser.co.uk/products/Li...view_2834.html

Old February 2nd 06, 02:49 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Adrian

Nick Ward wrote:
This one looks interesting (only just read the review but seems worth
passing on):

http://www.webuser.co.uk/products/Li...view_2834.html

The trouble with that one is, it's Skype, not SIP.

Old February 2nd 06, 09:59 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Rob Nicholson

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...Fencoding=UTF8

Wonder if DLink sell the same in the UK.

Cheers, Rob.

Old February 2nd 06, 10:02 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Rob Nicholson

Wonder if DLink sell the same in the UK.

Hmm, don't think so - maybe not approved over here yet.

Cheers, Rob.

PS. Do phones still have to get approved? Seems a bit silly...

Old February 2nd 06, 10:10 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Rob Nicholson

Hmm, don't think so - maybe not approved over here yet.

Shame though as it looks like a good feature set and the UK price could be
under 100

Old February 2nd 06, 11:04 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Adrian

Rob Nicholson wrote:
Wonder if DLink sell the same in the UK.

Hmm, don't think so - maybe not approved over here yet.

Cheers, Rob.

PS. Do phones still have to get approved? Seems a bit silly...

AFAIK they only need approval if conected to the PSTN

Old February 3rd 06, 03:01 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Thomas Kenyon

Rob Nicholson wrote:
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...Fencoding=UTF8

Wonder if DLink sell the same in the UK.

Cheers, Rob.

According to dlinks site, they sell a similar DPH-120S in the UK, but
I'm damned if I can find it.

You could always import one, if amazon won't let you somone like buy.com
or outpost.com will.
Old February 4th 06, 12:19 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Rob Nicholson

You could always import one, if amazon won't let you somone like buy.com
or outpost.com will.

Yes, that's an option. Might be a bit penny pinching though for a commercial
organisation :-) I'm currently talking to VOIP PBX vendors and although I'm
sure the technology and hardware is nearly there, we're considering a
support and warranty contract with somebody like Cisco where they'll simply
(!) come and fix the hardware.

Cheers, Rob.