ATA3000: config to allow dial out on PSTN

Old January 23rd 06, 09:31 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip
David Floyd

Default ATA3000: config to allow dial out on PSTN

In message of Mon, 23 Jan 2006, Martin writes
Has anyone successfully configured a Sipura ATA 3000 so that you can
dial 9 to force a call to be dialled on the PSTN, not on VOIP?

The docs suggest that this should work, but I just get unobtainable
tones so far.

I've turned off VOIP-to-PSTN-Enable and PSTN-to-VOIP-Enable (as I won't
use them, and don't want call fraud). But are these required for PSTN
dial out? If so, how do you secure them so that no PSTN or VOIP users
can dial out on your account?

I believe that you need the VoIP section registered on the PSTN line. It
can be the same as Line 1 if you like.

Then you'll need included in your dial plan something like this

It could be more sophisticated, but that will allow all calls to go to
PSTN when 9 is dialled first. You could have a comma after the 9 to
give you another (different) dial tone.

HTH
David