ATA3000: config to allow dial out on PSTN

Old January 23rd 06, 09:16 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Rob

Default ATA3000: config to allow dial out on PSTN

Hi Martin, this is what I have come up with so far:

(#,:xx.:@gw0|:00441902[2-9]xxxxxS0|0:0044[1-8]xxxxxxxxxS0|151:[email protected]|999:[email protected]|150:[email protected] w0)

Breakdown

#,:xx.:@gw0
When I dial # it gives me a dial tone and any number I phone then goes to
the PSTN line.

:00441902[2-9]xxxxxS0
When I dial 234567 e.g. local numbers beginning with 2-9 it will dial 0044
1902 234567 straight away on the VOIP line.

0:0044[1-8]xxxxxxxxxS0
When I dial 01902 123456 it will dial 0044 1902 123456 straight away on the
VOIP line.

151:[email protected]
When I dial 151 it will dial 151 on the PSTN line.

999:[email protected]|
When I dial 999 it will dial 999 on the PSTN line.

150:[email protected]
When I dial 150 it will dial 150 on the PSTN line.

More tips:

There is an option in the PSTN Line tab:

Under Audio Configuration heading:

Warn Outgoing PSTN Call: set to yes

This will give you an audio tone for the first few seconds when using the
PSTN line.

I have also put a password in so that others can't dial into my ATA/VOIP and
use my VOIP/ATA line to make phone calls.

Under PSTN Line tab:
PSTN-To-VoIP Gateway Setup
PSTN Caller Auth Method: I selected PIN
PSTN Caller 1 PIN: My desired PIN **************

VoIP-To-PSTN Gateway Setup
VoIP Caller Auth Method: I selected PIN
VoIP Caller 1 PIN: My desired PIN **************

Sorry if it's too much information, but someone might find this useful.

Regards
Rob

"Martin" wrote in message
Has anyone successfully configured a Sipura ATA 3000 so that you can
dial 9 to force a call to be dialled on the PSTN, not on VOIP?

The docs suggest that this should work, but I just get unobtainable
tones so far.

I've turned off VOIP-to-PSTN-Enable and PSTN-to-VOIP-Enable (as I won't
use them, and don't want call fraud). But are these required for PSTN
dial out? If so, how do you secure them so that no PSTN or VOIP users
can dial out on your account?

Cheers,

- Martin.

Old January 23rd 06, 12:27 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Brian A

"Martin" wrote in message
Has anyone successfully configured a Sipura ATA 3000 so that you can
dial 9 to force a call to be dialled on the PSTN, not on VOIP?

The docs suggest that this should work, but I just get unobtainable
tones so far.

I've turned off VOIP-to-PSTN-Enable and PSTN-to-VOIP-Enable (as I won't
use them, and don't want call fraud). But are these required for PSTN
dial out? If so, how do you secure them so that no PSTN or VOIP users
can dial out on your account?

Cheers,

- Martin.

As David indicated best to stick to the voip newsgroup for voip
related postings. However, just one point to add. You may not be
aware that when you dial into another gateway, gw0 for example, that
you will get another dialling tone and this can sound like an
unobtainable tone.
What David posted will solve you problem. If you need to know more on
dial plans then there are lots of previous postings. You can find then
via google groups - also check voxillla .com

Remove 'no_spam_' from email address.