BT Broadband Voice - Voyager 10V & Netgear DG834G?

Old January 23rd 06, 01:05 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Fred Finisterre

Default BT Broadband Voice - Voyager 10V & Netgear DG834G?

Hi,

Has anybody got BT Broadband Voice working using the BT Voyager 10V adapter,
and a Netgear DG834G wirless modem/router?

I've lost my installation instructions, so I'm not sure how to cable them
up. I'll persevere if I know it can be done, but maybe these two bits of kit
can't work together?

Thanks,

Fred.

Old January 25th 06, 11:50 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
sean

Fred Finisterre wrote:
Hi,

Has anybody got BT Broadband Voice working using the BT Voyager 10V adapter,
and a Netgear DG834G wirless modem/router?

I've lost my installation instructions, so I'm not sure how to cable them
up. I'll persevere if I know it can be done, but maybe these two bits of kit
can't work together?

Thanks,

Fred.

Just take a ethernet cable from a port on the Netgear, and connect to
'internet' on the 10V.

Connect a PC to the 10V in the network port socket, www.bt.com/bbv , set
it up.. and connect PC to whereever it was
Old April 10th 06, 09:08 AM
allisontrembling allisontrembling is offline
Junior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fred Finisterre
Hi,

Has anybody got BT Broadband Voice working using the BT Voyager 10V adapter,
and a Netgear DG834G wirless modem/router?

I've lost my installation instructions, so I'm not sure how to cable them
up. I'll persevere if I know it can be done, but maybe these two bits of kit
can't work together?

Thanks,

Fred.
Fred
I have exactly this problem - did you get it sorted and if so could you tell me how please?
Thanks
Allison
Old April 10th 06, 06:21 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Duncan MacCallum

In message
allisontrembling
wrote:

Fred Finisterre Wrote:
Hi,

Has anybody got BT Broadband Voice working using the BT Voyager 10V
adapter,
and a Netgear DG834G wirless modem/router?

I've lost my installation instructions, so I'm not sure how to cable
them
up. I'll persevere if I know it can be done, but maybe these two bits
of kit
can't work together?

Thanks,

Fred.

Fred
I have exactly this problem - did you get it sorted and if so could you
tell me how please?
Thanks
Allison

ah someone else given the brush off by BT BBV support.
After couple of weeks trying to get advice from them I gave up and
moved to Freetalk.
seemingly unless you buy hardware from them they will not offer
advice on router configs if required.
Been with BBV for couple of years but no more,

--
Duncan MacCallum
Old April 11th 06, 03:14 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Fred Finisterre

Fred
I have exactly this problem - did you get it sorted and if so could you
tell me how please?
Thanks
Allison

Yep! I did get it done. The person I was trying to do it for found the
install CD and booklet and I finally figured out how to follow the diagram.
Unfortunately, I don't know when I'll next be over at that site to note the
set-up down.

But IT CAN DE DONE.

Good luck,

Fred.

Old May 19th 06, 12:01 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip
alex

"allisontrembling" wrote in
message ...

Fred Finisterre Wrote:
Hi,

Has anybody got BT Broadband Voice working using the BT Voyager 10V
adapter,
and a Netgear DG834G wirless modem/router?

I've lost my installation instructions, so I'm not sure how to cable
them
up. I'll persevere if I know it can be done, but maybe these two bits
of kit
can't work together?

Thanks,

Fred.

Fred
I have exactly this problem - did you get it sorted and if so could you
tell me how please?
Thanks
Allison

--
allisontrembling

Fred,

The WAN port on the 10v connects to a LAN socket on your router. The LAN
socket on the 10V is then a pass-thru to to the WAN port. Remember to start
the 10v after you connect up the WAN to your router so it gets assigned a
'kosher' address by the DHCP on the router.

Cheers

Alex

Old November 21st 06, 06:25 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip
deborah

i have my phone line conected to my bt home hub and would like to recive my
free evening and weekend calls.