Incoming Sipdiscount Help

Old January 23rd 06, 03:00 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
PhilÅ

Default Incoming Sipdiscount Help

Hello

I have the Wireless Linksys router with the 2 phone ports.

Happily using sipdiscount on 1 and sipgate on the other line.

Now I have my free incoming number on sipdiscount (0560***) number.

When I dial it from my mobile, I get an american type ringing, but my voip
phone does not ring. If I lift the phone up I get connected.

I assume that the router is not setup correctly to detect incoming??

What should I be looking for on the router??? Ports/firewall etc..?

Cheers in advance.

Old January 27th 06, 09:02 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
mark kelly

you might need a capacitor in the plug. Without the capacitor in the
plug adapator the phone won't ring.

Old January 28th 06, 09:09 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
PhilÅ

"mark kelly" wrote in message
oups.com...
you might need a capacitor in the plug. Without the capacitor in the
plug adapator the phone won't ring.

Confused???. It is a standard Dect Base unit plugging into the rear of the
router

Old January 28th 06, 10:35 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
{{{{{Welcome}}}}}

Thus spaketh PhilÅ:
"mark kelly" wrote in message
oups.com...
you might need a capacitor in the plug. Without the capacitor in the
plug adapator the phone won't ring.

Confused???. It is a standard Dect Base unit plugging into the rear
of the router

Take it you were in an area-code that SipDiscount didn't have any 01 or 02
numbers for RE 0560 No.?

You will get a continental style ringing in tone.

As it is a DECT I would be surprised that it would be a ring capacitor
problem, doesn't mean it isn't though. It's usually normal phones only
designed for specifically for UK use only, that require the ring capacitor.

How are you plugging the DECT into the router? Do you have a RJ11 to BABT
(with ring capacitor) adaptor?
(http://www.broadbandbuyer.co.uk/Shop...opGr oupID=40)

If not you could make one, if you have a spare RJ11 lead, just cut the one end
off and wire to pins 2 and 5 on a BABT master socket.

--
For £5 when referred to easyMobile contact me via
www.south-east-birmingham.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk

Old January 29th 06, 12:15 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip
PhilÅ

"{{{{{Welcome}}}}}" wrote in message
k...
Thus spaketh PhilÅ:
"mark kelly" wrote in message
oups.com...
[...]

Hmmm interesting, I just have a RJ11 to BT type connector, just wires, no
components.

I have loads of RJ11 cables and connectors, I will check it out.

Many Thanks

SIPDiscount Ron Wellsted uk.telecom.voip (UK VOIP) 1 January 19th 06 10:10 PM
sipdiscount uk.telecom.voip (UK VOIP) 1 January 5th 06 06:52 PM
Sipdiscount PhilÅ uk.telecom.voip (UK VOIP) 4 December 28th 05 12:52 AM
Sipdiscount Help Please PhilÅ uk.telecom.voip (UK VOIP) 7 December 13th 05 10:55 AM
Sipdiscount on ATA anyone ? Martin² uk.telecom.voip (UK VOIP) 21 November 14th 05 01:45 PM