Skype & Caller ID

Old January 23rd 06, 09:41 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Snuggles

Default Skype & Caller ID

Can anyone tell me, if someone makes a call to a BT landline using Skype,
what would the caller display on the landline phone show?

Thanks,
Snuggles.

Old January 23rd 06, 09:55 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Ivor Jones

"Snuggles" wrote in message

Can anyone tell me, if someone makes a call to a BT
landline using Skype, what would the caller display on
the landline phone show?

Unavailable.

Ivor

Old January 23rd 06, 09:58 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Snuggles

"Ivor Jones" wrote in message

"Snuggles" wrote in message

Can anyone tell me, if someone makes a call to a BT
landline using Skype, what would the caller display on
the landline phone show?

Unavailable.

Ivor

Thanks Ivor - is there no possibility it would say "INTERNAT"? If I received
a call where the unit displayed "INTERNAT", and 1471 said they did not have
the number, could that possibly be someone calling using Skype, or is it
just someone calling from abroad?

Snuggles.

Old January 23rd 06, 10:08 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
{{{{{Welcome}}}}}

Thus spaketh Snuggles:
"Ivor Jones" wrote in message

"Snuggles" wrote in message

Can anyone tell me, if someone makes a call to a BT
landline using Skype, what would the caller display on
the landline phone show?

Unavailable.

Ivor

Thanks Ivor - is there no possibility it would say "INTERNAT"? If I
received a call where the unit displayed "INTERNAT", and 1471 said
they did not have the number, could that possibly be someone calling
using Skype, or is it just someone calling from abroad?

Snuggles.

Could be someone using some other VoIP Service that occasionally sends out the
CLID as +44......, or could be the vast number of people who route their
landline calls via 1899, 18866 or 18185. Or you could have won a holiday!!