Asterisk basic question

Old January 24th 06, 11:18 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
David M

Default Asterisk basic question

Hi,

I wish to use a [email protected] with TDM2400P

Suppose that I have 4 PSTL Lines and ~10* Voip phones....

1) I suppose, that I need a TDM2400P with 4* FXS ? (I don't need any FXO
modules ?!)
and all the call forwarded to Voip phones, will go through the LAN via the
Ethernet card ? and "reach" the specific Voip phone

2) I add a FXO module., I can plug an analog phone.
Now, if the machine (running [email protected]) goes out ! I suppose that I can
still receive and make phone call via the single FXO !?

Old January 25th 06, 09:49 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Ian

"David M" wrote in message
Hi,

I wish to use a [email protected] with TDM2400P

Make sure you case will support the card

Suppose that I have 4 PSTL Lines and ~10* Voip phones....

1) I suppose, that I need a TDM2400P with 4* FXS ? (I don't need any FXO
modules ?!)

No you need 4 fxo ports (FXS are for sets)

and all the call forwarded to Voip phones, will go through the LAN via the
Ethernet card ? and "reach" the specific Voip phone

Yes

2) I add a FXO module., I can plug an analog phone.
Now, if the machine (running [email protected]) goes out ! I suppose that I

can
still receive and make phone call via the single FXO !?

NO. There is AFAIK no failover

Also the TDM2400 uses 4 port modules.(not the 6 ports that voiptalk mention)
and not the single port ones used with the TDM400
So your config will be over 500 for a 4+4 card or nearly 700 with echo
cancelation

Ian Plain

www.cyber-cottage.co.uk