VOIP ATAs to choose from.

Old January 25th 06, 03:31 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
WiraOne

Default VOIP ATAs to choose from.

I'm in a mid of choosing which VOIP ATA is suitable for my usage. I'm
currently on NTL 2Mbps broadband and using Linksys WRT54GS (still
virgin, not flashed with 3rd party firmware yet). I'm currently looking
for VOIP ATA which supports standard VOIP features, linking to standard
PSTN phone will be a good option too. It seems that there're not that
many budget VOIP ATAs available out there in the market and most of
them, couldn't find them in stock either. I've narrowed my search down
to ZOOM ATA with Teleport (Misco seems to sell it but no stock), Zyxel
with lifeline (couldn't find one in stock) .. and lastly the Linksys
PAP2 (few in stock but not from major online retailer). Any help is
really appreciated.

Old January 25th 06, 04:33 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
John DH

"WiraOne" wrote in message
oups.com...
I'm in a mid of choosing which VOIP ATA is suitable for my usage. I'm
currently on NTL 2Mbps broadband and using Linksys WRT54GS (still
virgin, not flashed with 3rd party firmware yet). I'm currently looking
for VOIP ATA which supports standard VOIP features, linking to standard
PSTN phone will be a good option too. It seems that there're not that
many budget VOIP ATAs available out there in the market and most of
them, couldn't find them in stock either. I've narrowed my search down
to ZOOM ATA with Teleport (Misco seems to sell it but no stock), Zyxel
with lifeline (couldn't find one in stock) .. and lastly the Linksys
PAP2 (few in stock but not from major online retailer). Any help is
really appreciated.

You could try

http://www.broadbandstuff.co.uk

They delivered my spa-2002 the next day.

If you are linking to PSTN you might want to look at spa-3000

Although not the cheapest, I am very pleased with the spa2002 and the fast
service from Broadbandstuff

John DH

P.S. There is not much in the way of documentation that comes with the kit,
but there are plenty of resources here and at voxila.com to get you started.

Old January 25th 06, 08:09 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Andrew (G0RVM)

WiraOne wrote:

I'm in a mid of choosing which VOIP ATA is suitable for my usage. I'm
currently on NTL 2Mbps broadband and using Linksys WRT54GS (still
virgin, not flashed with 3rd party firmware yet). I'm currently looking
for VOIP ATA which supports standard VOIP features, linking to standard
PSTN phone will be a good option too. It seems that there're not that
many budget VOIP ATAs available out there in the market and most of
them, couldn't find them in stock either. I've narrowed my search down
to ZOOM ATA with Teleport (Misco seems to sell it but no stock), Zyxel
with lifeline (couldn't find one in stock) .. and lastly the Linksys
PAP2 (few in stock but not from major online retailer). Any help is
really appreciated.

Grandstream do some good operational ATAs too. They may not look that
attractive but they seem to work just fine. I use a HT286 myself but know
others who also use their products.

Andrew
Old January 26th 06, 04:40 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
WiraOne

Thanks all .. finally, went for Linksys PAP2 from broadbandstuff ..
from some google search result, it seems to be the same as SPA-2002.
Waiting for the delivery and most probably more questions to the group
later

Old January 26th 06, 09:11 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip

On Wed, 25 Jan 2006 20:09:38 GMT, "Andrew (G0RVM)"
wrote:

Grandstream do some good operational ATAs too. They may not look that
attractive but they seem to work just fine. I use a HT286 myself but know
others who also use their products.

Yes, I have a PAP2 and an ATA486. The 486 is much less elegant in
looks, but it works just fine.
Old January 26th 06, 11:06 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Ivor Jones

wrote:

Grandstream do some good operational ATAs too. They
may not look that attractive but they seem to work just
fine. I use a HT286 myself but know others who also
use their products.

Yes, I have a PAP2 and an ATA486. The 486 is much less
elegant in looks, but it works just fine.

However it only has a single phone port and has far less configurable
options. I prefer anything from the Sipura range myself.

Ivor

Old January 27th 06, 08:52 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip

On Thu, 26 Jan 2006 23:06:04 -0000, "Ivor Jones"
wrote:

However it only has a single phone port and has far less configurable
options.

It has a network port and a port for a POTS line. Yes, it is less
configurable, but it works well enough.
Old January 27th 06, 10:43 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Tim Bray

WiraOne wrote:
Thanks all .. finally, went for Linksys PAP2 from broadbandstuff ..
from some google search result, it seems to be the same as SPA-2002.

It isn't quite the same.

Different firmware, and some slight differences to the circuit.

Tim