Voipbuster moves the goalposts - again!

Old January 26th 06, 02:54 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
paul123

Default Voipbuster moves the goalposts - again!

Just a 2 or 3 weeks ago we were all complaining about voipbuster and
the forthcoming loss of our credit at the end of 180 days........

They've done it again, now the limit is 120 days! I see the limit has
also been reduced to 120 days in voipcheap, sipdiscount etc.

They really know how to treat their customers eh?

Old January 26th 06, 04:20 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
John DH

"paul123" wrote in message
oups.com...
Just a 2 or 3 weeks ago we were all complaining about voipbuster and
the forthcoming loss of our credit at the end of 180 days........

They've done it again, now the limit is 120 days! I see the limit has
also been reduced to 120 days in voipcheap, sipdiscount etc.

They really know how to treat their customers eh?

Trouble is, even 5 quid every 4 months is still a good deal for most.
However, I was going to set up a second account with sipdiscount as a fax
line. At my current usage level I might break even against bt. Considering
that fax over voip is probably not that reliable, any price advantage is
lost. So bt it is for outgoing fax with voipdiscount loosing a few quid. I'm
happy with the voice service so far, cheap as chips.

I reckon they will keep doing this until their customer base starts to
reduce.

I also wonder how may customers keep a check on the moving goal posts,
probably not that many until it's too late. You and I have spotted it and no
doubt a few others here have as well, but I'll bet the majority have not.

John DH

John DH

Old January 26th 06, 05:46 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
paul123

John DH wrote:

Trouble is, even 5 quid every 4 months is still a good deal for most.

Yes - agreed (I've certainly had my money's worth at 15 - 20 minutes
international every day), BUT - 1) that's not what I signed up for and
2) the chopping and changing isn't very good PR...

Old January 26th 06, 08:36 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
alexd

paul123 wrote:

John DH wrote:

Trouble is, even 5 quid every 4 months is still a good deal for most.

Yes - agreed (I've certainly had my money's worth at 15 - 20 minutes
international every day), BUT - 1) that's not what I signed up for and
2) the chopping and changing isn't very good PR...

To be honest, PR is irrelevant if you don't exist in two months time ;-)

--
http://ale.cx/ (AIM:troffasky) )
20:35:41 up 1 day, 52 min, 2 users, load average: 0.40, 0.38, 0.23

Old January 26th 06, 09:30 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
paul123

alexd wrote:

To be honest, PR is irrelevant if you don't exist in two months time ;-)

Too true - that made me laff!

However, I suspect they'll still be around for a while yet, covering
running costs with all the 10 credits (or will it be 15?) they
get off their next voipstunt, sipaddicts.com, voiplunatics.com or
whatever they have in the pipeline....

Old January 27th 06, 09:12 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
alexd

paul123 wrote:

alexd wrote:

To be honest, PR is irrelevant if you don't exist in two months time ;-)

Too true - that made me laff!

However, I suspect they'll still be around for a while yet, covering
running costs with all the 10 credits (or will it be 15?) they
get off their next voipstunt, sipaddicts.com, voiplunatics.com or
whatever they have in the pipeline....

sipsluts.com is available, as are hypersip.com, VoIPMyRide.com,
siponastick.net and sipmebabyonemoretime.com, so I'm sure there's plenty
more mileage left in Finarea yet.

--
http://ale.cx/ (AIM:troffasky) )
21:08:25 up 2 days, 1:25, 2 users, load average: 0.61, 0.51, 0.29