1 Provider with DID number in UK and USA (chicago area)

Old January 26th 06, 09:55 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
lab

Default 1 Provider with DID number in UK and USA (chicago area)

Hi

Fairly new to VOIP using SIP after comming from skype. I had a quick look
around and ended up signing up to many voip providers (free), but so far i
havent been able to find one which grants me what skype did, which was 2 (or
more) DID numbers, 1 in the uk and 1 in the USA, under the same account. I
purchased a linksys PAP2, and currently have SIPGATE and SIPPHONE(Gizmo)
accounts connected to it, which i have been testing and have been fairly
impressed with both, however they dont give me the 2 DID numbers in the
areas i need.

If anybody has some good recommendations, for a service which offers good
quality , the 2 DID numbers in different locations..........and NO monthly
charge (im willing to pay per year for the DIDs and PAYG for outgoing
minutes) then could you please let me know, i would be very greatfull

A second question, is can i somehow link the two accounts together so they
only use 1 port of the PAP2, or can i somehow forward the incomming calls of
one of them to the other for free.........but still have the CALLERID parts
working correctly etc.

And last but not least, i installed Brekke's ONDO sip server on a colocated
server i had just to play about with it, and although i could get my phones
registered and all, i didnt find that much usefull information on what other
features it can do, im guessing the asterix system is kinda the same, is
there any way i could use either one of them to link multiple sip accounts
together to get what i need ? (whilst still providing correct caller
ID)..........Im prepared to re-set it up back on my colocated server, but im
not prepared to be running any software or hardware back at home, just the
PAP2.........

Thanx for any information

Old January 26th 06, 11:04 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Ivor Jones

"lab" wrote in message
g.com
Hi

Fairly new to VOIP using SIP after comming from skype. I had a quick
look around and ended up signing up to many
voip providers (free), but so far i havent been able to
find one which grants me what skype did, which was 2 (or
more) DID numbers, 1 in the uk and 1 in the USA, under
the same account. I purchased a linksys PAP2, and
currently have SIPGATE and SIPPHONE(Gizmo) accounts
connected to it, which i have been testing and have been
fairly impressed with both, however they dont give me the
2 DID numbers in the areas i need.

Sipgate have numbers in all UK areas. For the USA, I have a number from
www.ipkall.com which can be forwarded to any SIP account. However they
only have numbers in the 360 (Washington State) area code, which isn't
what you want I know, but it is completely free. My friends in the US have
unlimited national calling so it is effectively free for them to call me,
even though they're in California and Arizona.

Ivor

Old January 27th 06, 10:19 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Lansbury

On Thu, 26 Jan 2006 21:55:11 -0000, "lab" wrote:

1 in the uk and 1 in the USA, under the same account

http://www.iconnecthere.com have both US and UK numbers, but they charge for
their service and are not cheap. However I did have a cheap as chips service
which was very unreliable and since being with iconnecthere have had excellent
service. My usage and requirements are such that it is good value for the
cost.
--
Lansbury
www.uk-air.net