SMS via VoiP?

Old January 28th 06, 12:46 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Lee

Default SMS via VoiP?

idiot question, I suppose, but I have to ask.

I have just put a SMS-enabled DECT phone on a VoIP adaptor. Is there a way
of sending and receiving SMS via the network?

We are using voipfone if it makes a difference.

Old January 28th 06, 01:32 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Brian A

On Sat, 28 Jan 2006 12:46:28 -0000, "Lee" wrote:

idiot question, I suppose, but I have to ask.

I have just put a SMS-enabled DECT phone on a VoIP adaptor. Is there a way
of sending and receiving SMS via the network?

We are using voipfone if it makes a difference.

I can send a text message from my BT mobile to any landline, including
voip. BT deliver it and it converts to voice. I guess the same thing
will work from BT landline phones that can send text messages.
Voipfone do have a web based text service but I really don't know if
this extends to the phone itself. Best way, obviously, to find if it
can receive is to try sending a text to it :-)

Remove 'no_spam_' from email address.
Old January 28th 06, 01:48 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
{{{{{Welcome}}}}}

Thus spaketh Brian A:
On Sat, 28 Jan 2006 12:46:28 -0000, "Lee" wrote:

idiot question, I suppose, but I have to ask.

I have just put a SMS-enabled DECT phone on a VoIP adaptor. Is there
a way of sending and receiving SMS via the network?

We are using voipfone if it makes a difference.

I can send a text message from my BT mobile to any landline, including
voip. BT deliver it and it converts to voice. I guess the same thing
will work from BT landline phones that can send text messages.
Voipfone do have a web based text service but I really don't know if
this extends to the phone itself. Best way, obviously, to find if it
can receive is to try sending a text to it :-)

Remove 'no_spam_' from email address.

I have had a Text phone for about 2 years and another one recently, the good
thing about it was on a BT landline if it received a text it would be
displayed on the phone as a text and not ring the phone and have a voice read
it out.

Now I have them on VoIP I can't use them for sending text nor receiving, only
via the voice service, I hope VoIP providers implement a solution.

--
For 5 when referred to easyMobile contact me via
www.south-east-birmingham.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk

Old January 30th 06, 06:36 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip

Hi,

Learn all about VOIP at this intuitive site.

http://www.freewebs.com/learn-voip/

Share your thoughts on VOIP :

http://voip-opensource.blogspot.com/

Thanks,
Vijay

Old January 30th 06, 09:10 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Lee

wrote in message
oups.com...
Hi,

Learn all about VOIP at this intuitive site.

http://www.freewebs.com/learn-voip/

Share your thoughts on VOIP :

http://voip-opensource.blogspot.com/

Thanks,
Vijay

Why oh why would I use your forum when I have u.t.voip to talk to? I imagine
I know which has the most participants..... oh, and content I see. Shame
about rehashing the LDP's VoIP How-to without even a link back to the
definitive LDP version.

Good luck though.

Old January 30th 06, 10:36 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip

On Mon, 30 Jan 2006 21:10:36 -0000, "Lee" wrote:

Why oh why would I use your forum when I have u.t.voip to talk to?

And the so-called tutorial is just a collection of Google ads
surrounding text stolen from another website.
Old January 30th 06, 11:05 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Lee

wrote in message
On Mon, 30 Jan 2006 21:10:36 -0000, "Lee" wrote:

Why oh why would I use your forum when I have u.t.voip to talk to?

And the so-called tutorial is just a collection of Google ads
surrounding text stolen from another website.

Yes, the aforementioned LDP [linux documentation project] VoIP HOW-TO.
http://www.tldp.org/HOWTO/VoIP-HOWTO.html and stripped of the author's
reference URL.

****ed me off big-time.

Old January 31st 06, 07:00 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
alexd

Lee wrote:

wrote in message
On Mon, 30 Jan 2006 21:10:36 -0000, "Lee" wrote:

Why oh why would I use your forum when I have u.t.voip to talk to?

And the so-called tutorial is just a collection of Google ads
surrounding text stolen from another website.

Yes, the aforementioned LDP [linux documentation project] VoIP HOW-TO.
http://www.tldp.org/HOWTO/VoIP-HOWTO.html and stripped of the author's
reference URL.

****ed me off big-time.

Perhaps some sort of Cease-and-Desist is in order.

--
http://ale.cx/ (AIM:troffasky) )
19:00:00 up 5 days, 23:17, 2 users, load average: 0.14, 0.17, 0.15