Cheapest VOIP service for 0870 /0845 numbers please

Old January 29th 06, 10:28 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip
PhilÅ

Default Cheapest VOIP service for 0870 /0845 numbers please

As per header.

I have ditched my BT line, occasionally I require to ring a 0870 number, off
peak with by was 1p per min. Sipiscount appears to be about 18c / min?

Any advice??

Ohhh I know about www.saynoto0870.com

Old January 29th 06, 11:12 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Andrew Gabriel

In article ,
"PhilÅ" writes:
As per header.

I have ditched my BT line, occasionally I require to ring a 0870 number, off
peak with by was 1p per min. Sipiscount appears to be about 18c / min?

Any advice??

Ohhh I know about www.saynoto0870.com

I advise companies that I won't deal with them unless they provide
me with a geographic priced number. This isn't something I have to
say very often, but so far I've always got one, and in one case
where they didn't know it, they gave me an 0800 number instead.

0870 will go away if people make it clear to companies that they
refuse to use it.

--
Andrew Gabriel
Old January 29th 06, 11:46 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Peter M

Andrew Gabriel wrote:

0870 will go away if people make it clear to companies that they
refuse to use it.

Hardly. There are a number of services (eg fax to e-mail) which
would not be economic on a geographic number, and while you may
feel some sense of 'winning' when you refuse to deal with some
firm where they have an 0870 number, there are equally going
to be some people/firms which think "if you feel an 0870 is
too costly, we're happy not to have you call".

I certainly get no unwanted calls from those who have 'inclusive'
calls to geographic numbers, who might otherwise call, and while
we're about it, not everyone using an 0870 gets any 'income' nor
do all of them force calls into a queue to force longer duration
calls than absolutely necessary. Peter Morgan.

Old January 29th 06, 03:13 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip

On Sun, 29 Jan 2006 11:46:47 +0000, Peter M
wrote:

There are a number of services (eg fax to e-mail) which
would not be economic on a geographic number,

That's about to end in any case. The rules are being tightened up.
0845 will continue, but I can't see any economic future for 0870.
Old January 30th 06, 12:56 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Peter Corlett

Paul Hayes wrote:
http://www.spam0870spam.co.uk/search.php

What would I do without that URL being posted all over Usenet every 30
seconds?

--
PGP key ID E85DC776 - finger for full key
Old January 30th 06, 01:31 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Paul Hayes

Peter Corlett wrote:
Paul Hayes wrote:

http://www.spam0870spam.co.uk/search.php

What would I do without that URL being posted all over Usenet every 30
seconds?

Well, apologies if it gets posted all the time, I've not seen it on here
before. I fail to see how it is spam though, it's just a free to use
database of alternative phone numbers and I am not affiliated with it in
any way.
Old January 30th 06, 01:39 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Peter M

Paul Hayes wrote:

... I've not seen it on here before.

Just go back to the start of this thread...

" Ohhh I know about www.saynoto0870.com "

(then quoted in first follow-up...)

Peter M.