BT Meridian 61C - Asterisk

Old January 31st 06, 08:00 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Brian Abbott

Default BT Meridian 61C - Asterisk

Hi All

We've recently moved into an office complex run by the local Quango
'Business Innovation Centre', where all POTS comms is run through a BT
Meridian 61C.

So, we have 2 POTS analog lines from the Meridian connected to an
Asterisk box for incoming calls. All is OK, apart from the fact that
(contrary to what we were assured before we moved in - but that's
another story!) it appears that the Meridian cannot deliver incoming
caller ID on an analog line 8-(

To get CID we need to connect to a digital output from the meridian -
and there's where I need some advice from the experts here ...

What's the cheapest / most reliable method of doing this? (Is a digital
feed from the BT Meridian 61C the same as an ISDN 2e, or different?) (Do
we need a BRI, or can a normal ISDN router do the job?)

Thanks in advance

Brian Abbott