Asterisk and sip phone problen

Old January 31st 06, 09:05 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Glenn Robinson

Default Asterisk and sip phone problen

Hello,

Asterisk V1.2.3
Grandstream BT-102

I have the following problem. When I dial a number from the phone it
takes about 5 seconds before asterisk responds and routes the call
unless I enter the # key after number I'm dialling. Also, when I enter
DTMF tones e.g. for my voicemail pin, asterisk doesn't respond at all.

However when I do the same from a softphone everything is OK.

I've had the phone config checked out by Grandstream and they say it's
fine and that they can't help!!!!!!

The phones are on the same physical network as the asterisk server.

Any ideas why this might be happenning.

Thanks

Glenn
Old February 1st 06, 12:26 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip
paul123

Glenn Robinson wrote:
Hello,

Asterisk V1.2.3
Grandstream BT-102

I have the following problem. When I dial a number from the phone it
takes about 5 seconds before asterisk responds and routes the call
unless I enter the # key after number I'm dialling. Also, when I enter
DTMF tones e.g. for my voicemail pin, asterisk doesn't respond at all.

However when I do the same from a softphone everything is OK.

I've had the phone config checked out by Grandstream and they say it's
fine and that they can't help!!!!!!

The phones are on the same physical network as the asterisk server.

Any ideas why this might be happenning.

Thanks

Glenn

On the 5 seconds delay, I think the issue might be the BT102. You'll
need to check a couple of settings.
Log into the grandstream from a browser and look in the advanced tab.
scan down to these settings:

1)No Key Entry Timeout: (in seconds, default is 4 seconds)

from what you say this is probably set to 4 or 5 - try it with 1 but remember not to pause for more than a second between digits when dialling a long string.

2) Use # as Dial Key: No Yes (if set to Yes, "#" will
function as the "(Re-)Dial" key)

It's probably set to Yes? If set to no, the "send" button on your phone does the same thing

Paul

Old February 12th 06, 07:27 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
www.cardiffitsupport.com

Asterisk V1.2.3
Grandstream BT-102

I have the following problem. When I dial a number from the phone it
takes about 5 seconds before asterisk responds and routes the call
unless I enter the # key after number I'm dialling. Also, when I enter
DTMF tones e.g. for my voicemail pin, asterisk doesn't respond at all.

However when I do the same from a softphone everything is OK.

The DTMF problem is due to a setting in the BT102 config. Find the option
and use the setting that has an RFC number in it. 2833 i think.

Regarding dialling, you will probably find you dont need to press # if you
wait a few seconds. The few seconds is a setting in the BT102 config.

-----
Sean Browne
07962 40 30 30
Cardiff IT Support Ltd