Dial voipcheap from dial plan

Old February 1st 06, 10:22 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip
John DH

Default Dial voipcheap from dial plan

Hello all,

I have been trying to set up my spa2002 to dial a different provider in the
dial plan. Line 1 is set to sipgate, but I want to dial out using my
voipcheap account using the dial plan.

Here is what I have come with so far but it does not work.

;usrid="abcd";pwd="abcd";nat= "yes"xx.)

Any ideas?

Thanks

John DH

Old February 1st 06, 01:07 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Brian A

On Wed, 1 Feb 2006 10:22:24 -0000, "John DH" wrote:

Hello all,

I have been trying to set up my spa2002 to dial a different provider in the
dial plan. Line 1 is set to sipgate, but I want to dial out using my
voipcheap account using the dial plan.

Here is what I have come with so far but it does not work.

;usrid="abcd";pwd="abcd";nat ="yes"xx.)

1. Firstly you need to decide whether you want certain number sets to
route via voipcheap or whethr you want to dial into voipcheap.
e.g.
Remove 'no_spam_' from email address.
Old February 1st 06, 01:20 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Brian A

On Wed, 1 Feb 2006 10:22:24 -0000, "John DH" wrote:

Hello all,

I have been trying to set up my spa2002 to dial a different provider in the
dial plan. Line 1 is set to sipgate, but I want to dial out using my
voipcheap account using the dial plan.

Here is what I have come with so far but it does not work.

;usrid="abcd";pwd="abcd";nat ="yes"xx.)

1. Firstly you need to decide whether you want certain number sets to
route via voipcheap or whether you want to dial into voipcheap.
e.g. #03,: will allow you to dial #03 to access voipcheap then dial
your number.
or, alternatively, for example,
0:0044 all numbers starting with a single zero will dial into the
UK.

2. Then get the structure right.
eg.
0:0044 xx. gateway details
where gateway details can be
;usrid="abcd";pwd="abcd";nat=" yes"
or might be :@gw2

so that we get:
0:0044 xx. ;usrid="abcd";pwd="abcd";nat=" yes"

or, perhaps,

#03,: xx. ;usrid="abcd";pwd="abcd";nat=" yes"

Hope this helps!

Remove 'no_spam_' from email address.

#03,: xx. ;usrid="abcd";pwd="abcd";nat=" yes"

Thanks Brian,

No luck so far. I am just trying to get the ata to make an outbound call
first before I craft the dial plan into something more friendly. I am
beginning to wonder if the spa2002 supports the "@" in its dial plan. From
other resources it is supposed to work, but all I am getting is an
unobtainable tone.

John DH

#03,: xx. ;usrid="abcd";pwd="abcd";nat=" yes"

Thanks Brian,

No luck so far. I am just trying to get the ata to make an outbound call
first before I craft the dial plan into something more friendly. I am
beginning to wonder if the spa2002 supports the "@" in its dial plan. From
other resources it is supposed to work, but all I am getting is an
unobtainable tone.

I don't know about the 2002 but the 3000 certainly does. There is a
setting which enables IP dialling.
While you are getting your ATA to work it is best to have the very
simplest of dial plans. Something like (xx.). Then store your test
number in your phone's memory.
Some providers require the full international code to be dialled so
beware of that.
It is worth downloading the 'Sipura Guide' from the web site and also
check out voxilla.com as well as Google groups.

Remove 'no_spam_' from email address.
Old February 1st 06, 09:58 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
John DH

I don't know about the 2002 but the 3000 certainly does. There is a
setting which enables IP dialling.

The spa2002 has the same setting, I need to find out if my ata will accept
the "@" or needs 0.0.0.0 format. I know it wont support @gw like the
spa3000.

While you are getting your ATA to work it is best to have the very
simplest of dial plans. Something like (xx.). Then store your test
number in your phone's memory.
Some providers require the full international code to be dialled so
beware of that.
It is worth downloading the 'Sipura Guide' from the web site and also
check out voxilla.com as well as Google groups.

Thanks for those useful pointers. I had looked at them prior to posting, but
I do need to check the Google groups. I might also be suffering from 'Timber
Blindness' i.e. can't see wood for the trees.

When all said and done, the ATA is two weeks old and has already earned it's
keep. I put it in the office today to replace a BT line, no one noticed any
change. That's what I call progress :-)

Cheers

John DH