Sipura ATA trouble or Sipgate problem?

Old February 2nd 06, 06:42 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Rob

Default Sipura ATA trouble or Sipgate problem?

OK, here is the situation.

Recently moved to Canada, and relying heavily on Sipgate for incoming
calls from family & friends back in the UK. Got a good connection to
the web here (3.5meg average speed down, 640k up) and installed a
Sipura 1001 ATA. It is perfect for what I need.

Line 1 - incoming Sipgate
Line 2 - outgoing Sipdiscount.com

Had been working perfectly until 2 or 3 weeks ago. Suddenly no-one can
get through on our Sipgate number. Nothing changed in my config
settings here (router or Sipura). How can I troubleshoot this (its not
as easy when outside the UK and 7 hours behind GMT!).

Is the problem with Sipgate, or the Sipura? What is the best way to
diagnose the problem?

Many thanks for all advice,
Rob

Old February 2nd 06, 07:22 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Jono

Rob wrote:
|| OK, here is the situation.
|| Recently moved to Canada, and relying heavily on Sipgate for incoming
|| calls from family & friends back in the UK. Got a good connection to
|| the web here (3.5meg average speed down, 640k up) and installed a
|| Sipura 1001 ATA. It is perfect for what I need.
|| Line 1 - incoming Sipgate
|| Line 2 - outgoing Sipdiscount.com
|| Had been working perfectly until 2 or 3 weeks ago. Suddenly no-one
|| can get through on our Sipgate number. Nothing changed in my config
|| settings here (router or Sipura). How can I troubleshoot this (its
|| not as easy when outside the UK and 7 hours behind GMT!).
|| Is the problem with Sipgate, or the Sipura? What is the best way to
|| diagnose the problem?
|| Many thanks for all advice,
|| Rob

I would suggest a simple test:

Download X-Lite softphone & try your Sipgate settings with this. If it works
OK, you'll rule out Sipgate as the issue............

Old February 25th 06, 12:19 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Nige

Hi,
I use them too, and I have been having problems with unreachable DIDs since
I signed up.
After installing asterisk I noticed the problem(over loaded servers) and
send them an e-mail about it.
this is the reply I got:

"we know about the problem. Unfortunately, this is something we are not able
to solve immediately (we are installing new hardware). We will fix this
problem within two weeks.
Sorry for the inconveniences."

so I guess we will have to wait and see...

nige

oups.com...