Sip Discount, VoIP Stunt

Old February 2nd 06, 07:45 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
{{{{{Welcome}}}}}

Default Sip Discount, VoIP Stunt

Anyone else having problems with Sip Discount or VoIP Stunt?

Neither seem to be registering on my ATA, been fine up until now.

VoIP Stunt wouldn't register via their software for a while, but that seems OK
now.

Old February 2nd 06, 08:43 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
John DH

Anyone else having problems with Sip Discount or VoIP Stunt?

Yup, tits up, the lot. For the last 2 hours or so. Even the web sites are
down

John DH

Old February 2nd 06, 08:48 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
John DH

"{{{{{Welcome}}}}}" wrote in message
. uk...
Anyone else having problems with Sip Discount or VoIP Stunt?

It could be a data centre problem. A number of web sites have had problems
since 1600GMT

John DH

Old February 2nd 06, 09:12 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
{{{{{Welcome}}}}}

Thus spaketh John DH:
Anyone else having problems with Sip Discount or VoIP Stunt?

Yup, tits up, the lot. For the last 2 hours or so. Even the web sites
are down

John DH

It sprang into life a minute or two ago, but has just gone down again.

Old February 2nd 06, 09:28 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
John DH

It sprang into life a minute or two ago, but has just gone down again.

ATA is registering but still not able to make or receive calls.

It looks as though the earlier problems have been resolved, but it takes
some time for everything thing else to recover.

John DH

Old February 2nd 06, 10:18 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Andy

Hi,
I am getting calls coming through from voipstunt all evening, The
caller is using the voipstunt softphone with headphone.

The only thing is i can't hear him but he can hear me but he says it sounds
like i am in a toilet, The symptoms are the same whether he calls my
voipfone or my BT landline.

He is running XP home that he has just installed. He has not even put SP2
on, I have stressed the importance but it really is falling on deaf ears and
would you believe he is not even sure if his install disc is SP1.

He is behind a routers firewall but i dont think it's a NAT issue as i can
call his voipstunt 0560 number but only with the same results as above.

I am leaning more towards it being either a soundcard issue, codec or maybe
having to forward a port for sound, I think the port for sound on voipstunt
maybe 3830.

The laptop is a P3 with about 160MB ram as was running 98/ME.

As you can tell he has no clue with computers but i should be able to sort
him, Does anyone have any pointers as i have no experience with the
voipstunt (betamax etc range). He does not even know how to access his
routers front page so i really would be thankful for any time saving tips.

Thanks
Andy

"John DH" wrote in message
"{{{{{Welcome}}}}}" wrote in

message
. uk...

Old February 2nd 06, 10:28 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
{{{{{Welcome}}}}}

Thus spaketh John DH:
It sprang into life a minute or two ago, but has just gone down
again.

ATA is registering but still not able to make or receive calls.

It looks as though the earlier problems have been resolved, but it
takes some time for everything thing else to recover.

John DH

Back up and running here now.

Old February 2nd 06, 10:28 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Andy

Oooooops sorry for the top post

"Andy" wrote in message
[...]

"John DH" wrote in message
"{{{{{Welcome}}}}}" wrote in

message
. uk...

Old February 3rd 06, 12:16 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Andy

It's OK solved.

He now has sound, He had fiddled with settings in voipstunt before calling
me and had also fiddled with microphone/multimedia settings.

Returned voipstunt to default settings, changed microphone/multimedia
settings to what they should be & then there was sound.

He says i still have a bit of an echo and i think he is a bit quiet but i
have also since gathered that he has no drivers for the the laptop and is
using XPs legacy drivers, I have managed to get the sound card details from
him so now i just need to source the drivers.

Why is it friends when they ask for your help are never honest about what
they have done and it's not till you pressure them that you get the full
story?.