voip.co.uk & remote Voicemail

Old February 3rd 06, 12:53 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
David Floyd

Default voip.co.uk & remote Voicemail

Has anyone yet been able to retrieve voicemail from a phone other than
the voip.co.uk registered phone?

The account management web page says:-

"Your mailbox number is needed if you wish to check your voicemail when
you want to check your voicemail from a phone that is not connected to
our network."

But it doesn't explain further :-(

David
Old February 3rd 06, 01:08 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Jono

"David Floyd" wrote in message
Has anyone yet been able to retrieve voicemail from a phone other than the
voip.co.uk registered phone?

The account management web page says:-

"Your mailbox number is needed if you wish to check your voicemail when
you want to check your voicemail from a phone that is not connected to our
network."

But it doesn't explain further :-(

David

Not using it myself, but have you tried dialling in from another phone &
pressing * or # during your greeting?

Old February 8th 06, 05:43 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
David Floyd

In message of Fri, 3 Feb 2006, Jono writes

"David Floyd" wrote in message
Has anyone yet been able to retrieve voicemail from a phone other than the
voip.co.uk registered phone?

The account management web page says:-

"Your mailbox number is needed if you wish to check your voicemail when
you want to check your voicemail from a phone that is not connected to our
network."

But it doesn't explain further :-(

David

Not using it myself, but have you tried dialling in from another phone &
pressing * or # during your greeting?

Yes! But that didn't work

David
Old February 8th 06, 09:12 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip

David Floyd wrote:
Has anyone yet been able to retrieve voicemail from a phone other than
the voip.co.uk registered phone?

Hi David,

Just added:

http://voip.co.uk/tech/?link=xhtml:mwi

Hope that helps.

~ Theo

ps: should be around here a bit more soon... /almost/ finished moving!

Old February 8th 06, 10:41 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
David Floyd

In message of Wed, 8 Feb 2006, writes

David Floyd wrote:
Has anyone yet been able to retrieve voicemail from a phone other than
the voip.co.uk registered phone?

Hi David,

Just added:

http://voip.co.uk/tech/?link=xhtml:mwi

Hope that helps.

That does, thanks Theo. And I like these help pages of yours too.

One downside though. If you read the telecoms newsgroups around here
you will learn that there is a lot of dislike towards non-geographic
numbers. The saynoto08700.com site is mentioned often, and this also
applies to 0845 numbers.

So; care to divulge the geographic number that 0845 0034 5000 is
attached to please.

David
PS That 0845 number has too many digits anyway.
Old February 8th 06, 11:59 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Paul Cupis

David Floyd wrote:
So; care to divulge the geographic number that 0845 0034 5000 is
attached to please.

Assuming that there is one.

David
PS That 0845 number has too many digits anyway.

I imagine that the 3 is superflous.
Old February 9th 06, 01:05 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip

oops. an extra 0 i nthere. 0845 034 5000.

There is no geographic number "attached" to it (the only reason a lot
of NGN numbers are is because of the way NGN's are translated).

I will however see about assigning a geo number to it.

Old February 9th 06, 11:28 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip
David Floyd

In message of Wed, 8 Feb 2006, writes
oops. an extra 0 i nthere. 0845 034 5000.

There is no geographic number "attached" to it

Obviously I've misunderstood postings in the past in uk.telecom when I
understood that all 08 and 09 numbers had to end up on a 01, 02, or 07
number.

David

Old February 9th 06, 11:33 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip
David Floyd

David Floyd wrote:
Has anyone yet been able to retrieve voicemail from a phone other than
the voip.co.uk registered phone?

Hi David,

Just added:

http://voip.co.uk/tech/?link=xhtml:mwi

Looking at the above and in particular:

http://voip.co.uk/tech/?link=xhtml:mwi.config.sipura

anyone got this to work on a SPA3000?

There is no heading 'Voice Mail Server' in the SPA3000 but I have tried
putting in the various slots in 'Call Forward
Settings' on the User 1 tab, but it has no effect. :-(

David
Old February 9th 06, 01:25 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Brian A

David Floyd wrote:
Has anyone yet been able to retrieve voicemail from a phone other than
the voip.co.uk registered phone?

Hi David,

Just added:

http://voip.co.uk/tech/?link=xhtml:mwi

Looking at the above and in particular:

http://voip.co.uk/tech/?link=xhtml:mwi.config.sipura

anyone got this to work on a SPA3000?

There is no heading 'Voice Mail Server' in the SPA3000 but I have tried
putting in the various slots in 'Call Forward
Settings' on the User 1 tab, but it has no effect. :-(

David

I tried this approach a long time ago and posted my findings.
My conclusion was that it didn't matter what you entered into the Cfwd
'No Ans Dest:' and 'Cfwd Busy Dest:'- you could write fred_bloggs -
it made no difference. However by entering something into the settings
you can set the time at which the call diverts to voicemail.
Voicemail has been working for me. However, recently, I have had
various problems. I have been informed that voip.co.uk are having
problems with the server and that they are working on it. Further, it
was intimated, that there might be a better voicemail in the offing.

I just enter 'x' in both
Cfwd No Ans Dest: AND Cfwd Busy Dest:
and set
Cfwd No Ans Delay: 20

I have 'Message Waiting:' set to 'NO'.
If I set it to' YES' that I get a permanently stuttered dial tone.

Don't try setting 'Cfwd All Dest:' or you may end up locking out of
voicemail, or worse, for a while - that's even if you delete your
entry and reboot the ATA. There is clearly something wrong at the
server end.

Personally, I would advise not wasting your time on the voicemail atm
because there is clearly something wrong at the server end. Even it
you leave a message AND manage to get through to 121 the message is
not recorded. I think that I am going to have to dig out an answering
machine from somewhere :-(

David, there IS a 'voicemail Server' settig on the 3000!
I didn't realise that until I checked just now.
It is under Line1/Proxy and Registration.
However, I have just tried the settings, as described in the
documentation, and have found no change. There are problems with the
server so whatever you do with the settings you will just be wasting
your time.

Remove 'no_spam_' from email address.