VoipCheap connection problems

Old February 4th 06, 09:35 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Vic

Default VoipCheap connection problems

Have been trying to get VoipCheap to work for the last couple of days without success.

The client software will log on, but when I try to dial a number, I get silence for a bit,
then "Sorry, a local network problem ended this call". The software will then log off
and report "The call was ended because you logged off".

When I go to the help page, it just reports "Network failure (4)".

I use a router and I have disabled the firewall as well as the windows firewall,
but this made no difference.

Anyone with the same problem ?

Is there a test number on VoipCheap one can call to check that things are working ?

TIA

Vic

Old February 4th 06, 09:44 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Jono

"Vic" wrote in message
Have been trying to get VoipCheap to work for the last couple of days
without success.

The client software will log on, but when I try to dial a number, I get
silence for a bit,
then "Sorry, a local network problem ended this call". The software will
then log off
and report "The call was ended because you logged off".

When I go to the help page, it just reports "Network failure (4)".

I use a router and I have disabled the firewall as well as the windows
firewall,
but this made no difference.

Anyone with the same problem ?

Is there a test number on VoipCheap one can call to check that things are
working ?

TIA

Vic

I experienced similar problems with voipstunt.com - In the end, creating a
new account solved the problem.

Have you much credit in your VoipCheap account?

Old February 5th 06, 10:57 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Peter Pratten

In article , Vic
writes
Anyone with the same problem ?

I've just rung the States. No connection problem but I did get an echo
several seconds after I spoke.
--
Peter Pratten
Please reply in group only
Old February 6th 06, 12:37 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Vic

"Peter Pratten" wrote in message ...
In article , Vic writes
Anyone with the same problem ?

I've just rung the States. No connection problem but I did get an echo several seconds after I spoke.

Still no luck here. Getting the same error message. And still not sure
if the network problem it reports is at this end or theirs.

As another poster suggested, I've tried creating another account,
but this has the same problem.

I have not lodged any credit with them and I'm not going to
until I can get it to work.