Aah

Old February 6th 06, 06:48 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Jono

Default Aah

Might as well be aaaaaaaaaaaaaah!

Any Asterisk experts in this evening?

I'm having a wierd issue with SIP registrations. First noticed it with
voip.co.uk last week - the contact that they saw was my sipIP:127.0.0.1,
when it should've been my public IP address and not the loopback address.
Anyway, voip.co.uk seem to have employed a fix which seems to have got me up
& running again.........

Quote "i'll temporarily "fix" your issue by forcing 127.0.0/24 contact
addresses to be re-written to the source ip + port the REGISTER came
from on our end rather than just blank outright rejecting it. I can't
keep it there forever though as it indicates a configuration error that
can lead to other problems, which obviously makes it harder to diagnose
issues when the cause if the SIP UA thinking it's local contact address
is 127.0.0.1"

Now I'm noticing the same problem with Sipgate. Below is an extract from the
sip debug IP log:

to 217.10.79.219:5060
Retransmitting #3 (no NAT):
REGISTER sip:sipgate.co.uk SIP/2.0
Via: SIP/2.0/UDP 127.0.0.1:5060;branch=z9hG4bK2a308723
From: ;tag=as2e81f810
Call-ID:
CSeq: 124 REGISTER

Why is asterisk announcing itself as 127.0.0.1? Any help would be gratefully
received.

Old February 6th 06, 09:10 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
alexd

Default Aahsterisk

Jono wrote:

Why is asterisk announcing itself as 127.0.0.1? Any help would be
gratefully received.

Check 'bindaddr' and 'externip' in sip.conf. Also, a sanity check
on /etc/hosts might be in order.

--
http://ale.cx/ (AIM:troffasky) )
21:08:43 up 12 days, 1:26, 3 users, load average: 0.08, 0.03, 0.01

Old February 6th 06, 10:23 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Jono

alexd wrote:
|| Jono wrote:
||| Why is asterisk announcing itself as 127.0.0.1? Any help would be
||| gratefully received.
|| Check 'bindaddr' and 'externip' in sip.conf. Also, a sanity check
|| on /etc/hosts might be in order.
|| --
|| http://ale.cx/ (AIM:troffasky) )
|| 21:08:43 up 12 days, 1:26, 3 users, load average: 0.08, 0.03, 0.01
|| This is my BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOMSTICK

I'd had it suggested to change the bindaddr. Now back to 0.0.0.0. This has
corrected the issue with the headers showing 127.0.0.1. However, the one-way
audio problem still exists with Sipgate.

Old February 7th 06, 12:00 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Ron Wellsted

On Mon, 06 Feb 2006 22:23:44 +0000, Jono wrote:

alexd wrote:
|| Jono wrote:
||| Why is asterisk announcing itself as 127.0.0.1? Any help would be
||| gratefully received.
|| Check 'bindaddr' and 'externip' in sip.conf. Also, a sanity check
|| on /etc/hosts might be in order.
|| --
|| http://ale.cx/ (AIM:troffasky) )
|| 21:08:43 up 12 days, 1:26, 3 users, load average: 0.08, 0.03, 0.01
|| This is my BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOMSTICK

I'd had it suggested to change the bindaddr. Now back to 0.0.0.0. This has
corrected the issue with the headers showing 127.0.0.1. However, the one-way
audio problem still exists with Sipgate.

Check your "localnet" setting in sip.conf, this is the one which usually
catches me out.

--
Ron Wellsted
http://www.wellsted.org.uk

Old February 8th 06, 09:58 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Jono

"Ron Wellsted" wrote in message
news
On Mon, 06 Feb 2006 22:23:44 +0000, Jono wrote:

alexd wrote:

Thanks for the replies.................

This is seriously "doing my head in"

I've put the DD-WRT voip version firmware on my Linksys router & turned off
all port forwarding. I've also put my asterisk IP address in the [email protected]
section on the router. This has fixed all the problems I was having with
inbound calls with Sipgate - all working OK. However, I cannot make any
outbound calls - SIP = SIP, or SIP = PSTN with Sipgate. (voip.co.uk ok
both ways, voipstunt ok)

Anyone suggest where my problem may lie?

Old February 8th 06, 10:53 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Jono

Jono wrote:
|| Thanks for the replies.................
|| This is seriously "doing my head in"
|| I've put the DD-WRT voip version firmware on my Linksys router &
|| turned off all port forwarding. I've also put my asterisk IP address
|| in the [email protected] section on the router. This has fixed all the problems
|| I was having with inbound calls with Sipgate - all working OK.
|| However, I cannot make any outbound calls - SIP = SIP, or SIP =
|| PSTN with Sipgate. (voip.co.uk ok both ways, voipstunt ok)
|| Anyone suggest where my problem may lie?

Please ignore my obvious beffudlement.

Everything seems in order now I have removed all port-forwarding and put
sip.conf back to default settings.

It seems with the DD-WRT firmware, fewer tweaks are needed as things "work
out of the box" - I've had to undo everything that I did to make things work
effectively on my old router.