SIPDiscount oddity

Old February 7th 06, 10:52 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip
David Floyd

Default SIPDiscount oddity

I find that every few days SIPDiscount doesn't work. All I have to do
is change the proxy to sip.sipdiscount.com or sip1.sipdiscount.com.

Then in a couple days it doesn't work again and I change the proxy back.

And so it goes on.

It's a PIA but for free calls - can't complain.

Any-one else experience this?

Also the call records show +000890044nnnnnnnnnn if using sip proxy and
+44nnnnnnnnnn if using sip1 proxy.

Outgoing calls have no CLI on the sip proxy and my allocated 056 number
on the sip1 proxy.

David
Old February 7th 06, 11:45 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Rob

That's strange as I have no problems with SIPDiscount over here.
I'm using a Sipura 3000 ATA.

Regards
Rob

"Ron Beluga" wrote in message
On Tue, 7 Feb 2006 10:52:33 +0000, David Floyd
wrote:

I find that every few days SIPDiscount doesn't work. All I have to do
is change the proxy to sip.sipdiscount.com or sip1.sipdiscount.com.

Then in a couple days it doesn't work again and I change the proxy back.

And so it goes on.

It's a PIA but for free calls - can't complain.

Any-one else experience this?

Also the call records show +000890044nnnnnnnnnn if using sip proxy and
+44nnnnnnnnnn if using sip1 proxy.

Outgoing calls have no CLI on the sip proxy and my allocated 056 number
on the sip1 proxy.

David

Same problem here with my EUMEX 300 IP but have to switch between
connectionserver.sipdiscount.com and sip1.sipdiscount.com. I am
registered user and do not only call for free with it!

Any ideas?

Greetings

Ron
Ein kluger Mann macht nicht alle Fehler selbst.
Er gibt auch anderen eine Chance. (Winston Churchill)

Old February 8th 06, 01:59 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Martin²

Quite often it takes three tries to 'get a working line', but I have not had
to fiddle with settings.
Regards,
Martin

Old February 8th 06, 08:33 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip
David Floyd

In message of Tue, 7 Feb 2006, Rob writes

wrote:

I find that every few days SIPDiscount doesn't work. All I have to do
is change the proxy to sip.sipdiscount.com or sip1.sipdiscount.com.

David

That's strange as I have no problems with SIPDiscount over here.
I'm using a Sipura 3000 ATA.

Regards
Rob

(Re-arranged from top-posting)

What setting to you have for proxy, since you don't seem to need to
change it every other day?

David
Old February 8th 06, 09:55 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Rob

news

wrote:

I find that every few days SIPDiscount doesn't work. All I have to do
is change the proxy to sip.sipdiscount.com or sip1.sipdiscount.com.

David

That's strange as I have no problems with SIPDiscount over here.
I'm using a Sipura 3000 ATA.

Regards
Rob

(Re-arranged from top-posting)

What setting to you have for proxy, since you don't seem to need to change
it every other day?

David

I can't get used to this not top posting format.

I use sip1.sipdiscount.com in my proxy field.
Also my Use Outbound Proxy is set to no.

If you need any more info, just let me know.

Rob

Rob

Old February 8th 06, 05:29 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
David Floyd

In message of Wed, 8 Feb 2006, Rob writes

wrote:

I find that every few days SIPDiscount doesn't work. All I have to do
is change the proxy to sip.sipdiscount.com or sip1.sipdiscount.com.

That's strange as I have no problems with SIPDiscount over here.
I'm using a Sipura 3000 ATA.

What setting to you have for proxy, since you don't seem to need to change
it every other day?

I use sip1.sipdiscount.com in my proxy field.
Also my Use Outbound Proxy is set to no.

Me too, most of the time, then occasionally I can't connected so I swap
back to sip.sipdiscount.com and I get through.

David
Old February 8th 06, 07:49 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Rob

wrote:

I find that every few days SIPDiscount doesn't work. All I have to do
is change the proxy to sip.sipdiscount.com or sip1.sipdiscount.com.

That's strange as I have no problems with SIPDiscount over here.
I'm using a Sipura 3000 ATA.

What setting to you have for proxy, since you don't seem to need to
change
it every other day?

I use sip1.sipdiscount.com in my proxy field.
Also my Use Outbound Proxy is set to no.

Me too, most of the time, then occasionally I can't connected so I swap
back to sip.sipdiscount.com and I get through.

David

Could it be because my ATA is not behind a firewall, it is connected
straight to my cable modem.
I really don't know what else the problem could be for you guys. Maybe I
have not had it long enough. I have only had it for about 1 month.

If there is anything else you would like me to check, just let me know.

Rob

Old February 12th 06, 10:22 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Ron Beluga

On Wed, 08 Feb 2006 19:49:36 GMT, "Rob" wrote:

[...]
Me too, most of the time, then occasionally I can't connected so I swap
back to sip.sipdiscount.com and I get through.

David

Could it be because my ATA is not behind a firewall, it is connected
straight to my cable modem.
I really don't know what else the problem could be for you guys. Maybe I
have not had it long enough. I have only had it for about 1 month.

If there is anything else you would like me to check, just let me know.

Rob

Just bought a Grandstream GXP2000. I hope this will solve the problem!
The result I will post here again after I got it to work. :-)

Old February 19th 06, 10:57 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Ron Beluga

On Wed, 08 Feb 2006 19:49:36 GMT, "Rob" wrote:

[...]
Me too, most of the time, then occasionally I can't connected so I swap
back to sip.sipdiscount.com and I get through.

David

Could it be because my ATA is not behind a firewall, it is connected
straight to my cable modem.
I really don't know what else the problem could be for you guys. Maybe I
have not had it long enough. I have only had it for about 1 month.

If there is anything else you would like me to check, just let me know.

Rob

Now it works fine with a GS GXP2000. And I'm connected by a router
behind a firewall not directly by modem. Maybe its cuz of the ability
to configure a STUN and many things more. In the EUMEX there is no
option to do this. No more interrupts or anything else to change or
switch! Great thing! :-)

Greetings

Ron
Ein kluger Mann macht nicht alle Fehler selbst.
Er gibt auch anderen eine Chance. (Winston Churchill)

SIPDiscount Ron Wellsted uk.telecom.voip (UK VOIP) 1 January 19th 06 10:10 PM
sipdiscount uk.telecom.voip (UK VOIP) 1 January 5th 06 06:52 PM
Sipdiscount PhilÅ uk.telecom.voip (UK VOIP) 4 December 28th 05 12:52 AM
Occasional ring oddity with SPA3000 David Floyd uk.telecom.voip (UK VOIP) 10 September 29th 05 02:14 PM
Netgear WG602v2 oddity bof uk.telecom.broadband (UK broadband) 0 July 28th 04 11:14 AM