UK based VOIP consultant wanted

« Skype Problem | Aah »

Old February 8th 06, 10:11 AM posted to uk.telecom,uk.telecom.voip
Rob Nicholson

Default UK based VOIP consultant wanted

I'm looking for a independent UK based VOIP consultant who has a wide
knowledge of the various VOIP PBX systems for impartial advice on picking a
VOIP PBX system for use in the terminal server/Citrix environment in a
medium sized office.

I'm sure you can work out my email address.

Thanks, Rob.

Old February 8th 06, 11:08 AM posted to uk.telecom,uk.telecom.voip
R. Mark Clayton

"Rob Nicholson" wrote in message
I'm looking for a independent UK based VOIP consultant who has a wide
knowledge of the various VOIP PBX systems for impartial advice on picking
VOIP PBX system for use in the terminal server/Citrix environment in a
medium sized office.

I'm sure you can work out my email address.

Thanks, Rob.

Two basic options: -

If you want to keep circuit switched for incoming / legacy / peace of mind
then
Panasonic KX-TDA of appropriate size, plus add in VOIP cards.
else
Avaya.

If you want to do CTI, then it gets more complicated.

Old February 8th 06, 12:41 PM posted to uk.telecom,uk.telecom.voip
tony sayer

In article , Rob Nicholson
writes
I'm looking for a independent UK based VOIP consultant who has a wide
knowledge of the various VOIP PBX systems for impartial advice on picking a
VOIP PBX system for use in the terminal server/Citrix environment in a
medium sized office.

I'm sure you can work out my email address.

Thanks, Rob.

We've done a Voispeed system and after some initial problems its now
ticking fine.

Www.telecoms.co.uk supplied it FWIW....
--
Tony Sayer

Old February 8th 06, 02:28 PM posted to uk.telecom,uk.telecom.voip
Rob Nicholson

Www.telecoms.co.uk supplied it FWIW....

I came across their website whilst looking at Swyx - one of the few sites
where you can buy a PBX online via a shopping basket :-)

Cheers, Rob.

Old February 8th 06, 03:32 PM posted to uk.telecom,uk.telecom.voip
paul ockenden

Www.telecoms.co.uk supplied it FWIW....

I came across their website whilst looking at Swyx - one of the few sites
where you can buy a PBX online via a shopping basket :-)

I *instantly* navigate any site that starts talking to me (or playing
music for that matter). Unsolicited audio is find for Kids sites, and
might even be OK on some B2C sites, but it's inexcusable to have
something like that on a B2B site. Don't they realise that most
visitors will be working in an office environment, and that the last
thing they'll want is a talking PC???

I wonder how much traffic they lose as a result of this?

P.

Old February 8th 06, 03:48 PM posted to uk.telecom,uk.telecom.voip
anon

paul ockenden wrote:

I *instantly* navigate any site that starts talking to me (or playing
music for that matter). Unsolicited audio is find for Kids sites, and

Unsolicited audio is unwelcome in my book from any site, just like the
"noisy" adverts (there was one which had idiots with car horns) that
are sometimes on TV at 3 in the morning.

Don't they realise that most visitors will be working in an office
environment, and that the last thing they'll want is a talking PC???

In an office environment, many PCs have no need for speakers, so yours
might be the exception, but anyway, one has easy options to mute any
sound, or simply keep it at very low level.