VoipStunt and handset

Old February 8th 06, 08:40 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Graham

Default VoipStunt and handset

New to voip. I'm looking for a cordless handset that will work with
VoipStunt. I've found a few but they are all Skype phones or skype
compatible and come with Skype software. Would these work with
VoipStunt, if they work would there be any features of the phone
disabled?

Thanks.

--
Graham
Old February 8th 06, 11:02 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Jono

"Graham" wrote in message
New to voip. I'm looking for a cordless handset that will work with
VoipStunt. I've found a few but they are all Skype phones or skype
compatible and come with Skype software. Would these work with
VoipStunt, if they work would there be any features of the phone
disabled?

Thanks.

--
Graham

Personally, I would avoid any handset that requires a usb connection to a
computer. You would have more flexibility with something like a Linksys
PAP2, so long as you get one that's not locked to a particular service
provider.

Any sipura unit would also work For instance the Sipura SPA3000 would plug
into your BT/Cable phone socket & into a LAN port of your router. You could
then plug in any DECT phone & be able to make & receive calls on both your
voip line & landline.

Old February 9th 06, 01:21 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Brian Gregory [UK]

"Jono" wrote in message
news
Personally, I would avoid any handset that requires a usb connection to a
computer. You would have more flexibility with something like a Linksys
PAP2, so long as you get one that's not locked to a particular service
provider.

Any sipura unit would also work For instance the Sipura SPA3000 would plug
into your BT/Cable phone socket & into a LAN port of your router. You
could then plug in any DECT phone & be able to make & receive calls on
both your voip line & landline.

Are you sure?
This is for VOIPStunt.
I don't think you can use VOIPStunt without a PC running their software.

--

Brian Gregory. (In the UK)

To email me remove the letter vee.

Old February 9th 06, 01:51 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip
{{{{{Welcome}}}}}

Thus spaketh Brian Gregory [UK]:
"Jono" wrote in message
news
Personally, I would avoid any handset that requires a usb connection
to a computer. You would have more flexibility with something like a
Linksys PAP2, so long as you get one that's not locked to a
particular service provider.

Any sipura unit would also work For instance the Sipura SPA3000
would plug into your BT/Cable phone socket & into a LAN port of your
router. You could then plug in any DECT phone & be able to make &
receive calls on both your voip line & landline.

Are you sure?
This is for VOIPStunt.
I don't think you can use VOIPStunt without a PC running their
software.

You sure can use VoIP Stunt without a PC running, and without their software.
I have been doing this since the start, and am using it right now on my ATA.

Old February 9th 06, 12:12 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
paul123

Brian Gregory [UK] wrote:
"Jono" wrote in message
news
Personally, I would avoid any handset that requires a usb connection to a
computer. You would have more flexibility with something like a Linksys
PAP2, so long as you get one that's not locked to a particular service
provider.

Any sipura unit would also work For instance the Sipura SPA3000 would plug
into your BT/Cable phone socket & into a LAN port of your router. You
could then plug in any DECT phone & be able to make & receive calls on
both your voip line & landline.

Are you sure?
This is for VOIPStunt.
I don't think you can use VOIPStunt without a PC running their software.

Most certainly can! To add to Jono's comments, you can use ATAs (like
the PAP2, Sipuras, Grandstream Handytones, etc), voip-capable routers
(Zyxel, Thomson, Zoom, etc) or SIP phones (too many to list). All work
without having a PC switched on.

Paul

Old February 9th 06, 12:16 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
{{{{{Welcome}}}}}

Thus spaketh paul123:
Brian Gregory [UK] wrote:
"Jono" wrote in message
[...]