Poor voice quality on Grandstream BT102 SIP phone

Old February 9th 06, 10:15 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
alexd

Default Poor voice quality on Grandstream BT102 SIP phone

Martin wrote:

Has anyone had dodgy results with one of these units?

I've got a Grandstream ATA, and the sound quality is way ahead of my Sipura
phone.

I'm getting consistently poor voice quality. This is using the G.711u
Codec. Tested on two different internet connections with ample bandwidth,
one of which has no NAT, and on which I get crystal-clear calls with a
Sipura ATA-3000 device. Gradwell.com is the service provider.

I'm trying to decide whether this is a flaky unit, or whether one of the
myriad config settings needs to be changed from its default value.

Thanks for any thoughts...

Have you tested it on a LAN to eliminate WAN issues?

--
http://ale.cx/ (AIM:troffasky) )
21:11:34 up 15 days, 1:29, 3 users, load average: 0.00, 0.00, 0.02