sipgate

Old February 10th 06, 05:36 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Roger Barrett

Default sipgate

anyone else having problems. I cant call PSTN and if I ring my other sip
number it rings briefly and diverts straight to voicemail.

Old February 10th 06, 06:17 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
John DH

"Roger Barrett" wrote in message
anyone else having problems. I cant call PSTN and if I ring my other sip
number it rings briefly and diverts straight to voicemail.

Just checked mine, rings and rings, ignoring voicemail.

Old February 11th 06, 12:30 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Paul

"Roger Barrett" wrote in message
anyone else having problems. I cant call PSTN and if I ring my other sip
number it rings briefly and diverts straight to voicemail.

I'm happy with Sipgate except for the fact that I have a few problems and
I've notified them of this. They responded immediately with a supposed
solution. This didn't work and I've since emailed them 3 times asking for
further assistance - without any acknowledgement or reply!!!

Problems a

1. Voicemail used to work - now (all of a sudden) doesn't (that is calls are
not passed on to voicemail when the stated number of seconds ringing has
elapsed - simply lose the ringing tone and line goes silent). (Looks like a
fault at their end, especially as voicemail used to work perfectly and I've
done nothing to the system or setup - it just suddenly ceased to work)!

2. New SMS service not working - I can't send an SMS via the web site (even
though the system takes my money) - nothing arrives at the UK mobile
concerned. (This HAS to be a fault at their end)?

3. Can't access the voicemail setup menu (to listen to messages or record a
personal greeting) via my Sipgate phone (50000). Just get the recorded
message at their end and nothing happen when I press 0 or 1 (for example).
CAN do this from an ordinary line dialling the 0207 number. They did say to
change DTMF to 'info' on my Linksys PAP2 ATA but this (surprisingly - as
it's a standard problem, apparently) has NOT done the trick.

Can anyone throw any light or offer any suggestions?

I'm not a professional Sipgate knocker, incidentally - all I want is a
system which works and they are failing to respond to my requests for help
after a single unsuccessful attempt!

Many thanks.

Paul

Old February 11th 06, 01:47 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip
{{{{{Welcome}}}}}

Thus spaketh Paul:
[...]

Setting DTMF Tx Method to Info should do the trick, try setting in the
regional settings DTMF Playback Length to 1.2 (experiment) and DTMF Playback
Level to -7.

--
For 5 when referred to easyMobile contact me via
www.southeastbirmingham.co.uk

Old February 11th 06, 02:20 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Keith Lawrence

"{{{{{Welcome}}}}}" wrote...

3. Can't access the voicemail setup menu (to listen to messages or
record a personal greeting) via my Sipgate phone (50000). Just get
the recorded message at their end and nothing happen when I press 0
or 1 (for example).

Setting DTMF Tx Method to Info should do the trick, try setting in the
regional settings DTMF Playback Length to 1.2 (experiment) and DTMF
Playback Level to -7.

Managed to get it working on my Sipura 2002. I'm using the 'Info' setting at
DTFM Length/Level of 0.15/-10 (was 0.1 and -16 out-of-the-box)

HTH

Keith L

Old February 11th 06, 02:32 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Paul

"{{{{{Welcome}}}}}" wrote in message
. uk...
Thus spaketh Paul:
[...]

Thanks for response. I had already set the DTMF Tx Method to INFO (no
improvement!). There is no mention of DTMF playback length or Level under
Regional (or anywhere else for that matter)!!

What are the AVT and Inband DTMF methods - worth trying?

Have you any other ideas!? (Grateful if so).

What do you think about failure of SMS to work and failure of Voicemail to
cut in? Could it be anything at my end (I don't see how it could be ..
but)!?

Regards,

Paul

Old February 11th 06, 02:36 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Paul

"Paul" wrote in message
t...
"{{{{{Welcome}}}}}" wrote in message
. uk...
Thus spaketh Paul:
[...]

LATER:
Sorry - found it (Advanced View)!! I'm a bit slow on the uptake tonight.
Will try messing with these settings - most grateful.