Sipdiscount & Onetel problem - Can anyone help please?

Old February 10th 06, 10:19 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Sam Jones

Default Sipdiscount & Onetel problem - Can anyone help please?

I've got a Grandstream 486 plugged into my NTL cable modem and it's
set up with Sipdiscount. I can receive calls OK and dial freephone
numbers without any problems.

What I would like to do is use it in conjuction with my Onetel
call.saver account which gives me 250 off peak minutes a month via an
0800 number.

I can dial the Onetel access number OK and hear the recorded
announcement but when I enter my destination number after the prompt I
nearly always get something that sounds similar to an engaged tone (I
know the number is not engaged) although I have got through a couple
of times.

Does anyone have any suggestions as to what the problem might be?
Old February 10th 06, 11:07 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Sam Jones

On Fri, 10 Feb 2006 22:34:30 GMT, "Jono"
wrote:

Sam Jones pretended :
I've got a Grandstream 486 plugged into my NTL cable modem and it's
set up with Sipdiscount. I can receive calls OK and dial freephone
numbers without any problems.

What I would like to do is use it in conjuction with my Onetel
call.saver account which gives me 250 off peak minutes a month via an
0800 number.

I can dial the Onetel access number OK and hear the recorded
announcement but when I enter my destination number after the prompt I
nearly always get something that sounds similar to an engaged tone (I
know the number is not engaged) although I have got through a couple
of times.

Does anyone have any suggestions as to what the problem might be?

DTMF settings on your grandstream. Try all the different settings until
you find one that works.

Incidentally, why not forget the onetel bit & just dial using
Sipdiscount?

Thanks Jono. I tried the "In audio" setting and that worked.
I wanted to use my Onetel account for the free calls.
Old February 10th 06, 11:43 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Sam Jones

On Fri, 10 Feb 2006 23:04:50 GMT, "Jono"
wrote:

Sam Jones wrote on 10/02/2006 :
On Fri, 10 Feb 2006 22:34:30 GMT, "Jono"
wrote:

Sam Jones pretended :
[...]

.......But aren't calls using Sipdiscount free anyway?

Sorry, I meant Sipgate – all these names are so similar.
Old February 12th 06, 01:25 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Sam Jones

Sam Jones has brought this to us :
wrote:

Sam Jones wrote on 10/02/2006 :
On Fri, 10 Feb 2006 22:34:30 GMT, "Jono"
wrote:

Sam Jones pretended :
[...]

Fair enough.

I have now got Sipgate and Onetel working OK and I am now trying set
up my DECT phone to use with it.

On my landline I have programmed in the Onetel access number followed
by a pause and then my destination number which works great. My
problem is when using my voip setup the pause doesn't seem to be long
enough (it's only 3 seconds). My phone will only handle numbers up to
24 digits which only allows me to enter 2 pauses which is still not
quite enough. I think it needs to be about 10 seconds.

I don't seem to be able to dial the 2 numbers separately from the
phonebook as I can't access the phonebook during a call!

Is there any setting I can alter on my Grandstram 486 that will speed
things up?
Old February 12th 06, 04:51 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Sam Jones

wrote:

Sam Jones wrote on 10/02/2006 :
On Fri, 10 Feb 2006 22:34:30 GMT, "Jono"
wrote:

Sam Jones pretended :
[...]

I have found a semi-satisfactory solution by getting the Grandstream
to prefix all calls with 0800 which frees up 4 digits for use on the
phone.

Not too much of a problem as I only intend using it for free off-peak
calls and freephone numbers as I'll use my mobile for other calls.

The main drawback will be the inability to make 999 calls.

sipdiscount uk.telecom.voip (UK VOIP) 1 January 5th 06 06:52 PM
Sipdiscount Help Please PhilÅ uk.telecom.voip (UK VOIP) 7 December 13th 05 10:55 AM
Sipdiscount on ATA anyone ? Martin² uk.telecom.voip (UK VOIP) 21 November 14th 05 01:45 PM
sipdiscount J Smith uk.telecom.voip (UK VOIP) 3 October 11th 05 02:50 AM