FreeTalk

Old February 11th 06, 09:45 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip
ŽStephen Hammond

Default FreeTalk

I'm thinking of getting FreeTalk, I have two line in my house and want to
replace one of them with it.

Is it a good idea, can anyone recommend a better alternative.

I don't want a massive amount of clutter one extra router will do.

I'm thinking of using DiscountDials access code for making calls to mobile
numbers, can anyone envisage any problems with this.

http://www.discountdial.co.uk/rates.php#u

Old February 11th 06, 10:26 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Deag

"ŽStephen Hammond" wrote in message
I'm thinking of getting FreeTalk, I have two line in my house and want to
replace one of them with it.

Is it a good idea, can anyone recommend a better alternative.

I don't want a massive amount of clutter one extra router will do.

I'm thinking of using DiscountDials access code for making calls to mobile
numbers, can anyone envisage any problems with this.

http://www.discountdial.co.uk/rates.php#u

Freetalk is excellent, there can be an echo problem sometimes, but this only
seems to be really noticeable on calls to other freetalk users.

Old February 11th 06, 02:52 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
sean

ŽStephen Hammond wrote:
I'm thinking of getting FreeTalk, I have two line in my house and want to
replace one of them with it.

Is it a good idea, can anyone recommend a better alternative.

I don't want a massive amount of clutter one extra router will do.

I'm thinking of using DiscountDials access code for making calls to mobile
numbers, can anyone envisage any problems with this.

http://www.discountdial.co.uk/rates.php#u

I think BT Broadband Talk is better value for money.

Their mobile rates are same as from BT landlines, And international
calls are 1.25p a min to 52 destinations. Router is free, and
subscription is 2.99, or 7.99
Old February 12th 06, 02:18 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
ŽStephen Hammond

"Sean" wrote in message
ŽStephen Hammond wrote:
I'm thinking of getting FreeTalk, I have two line in my house and want to
replace one of them with it.

Is it a good idea, can anyone recommend a better alternative.

I don't want a massive amount of clutter one extra router will do.

I'm thinking of using DiscountDials access code for making calls to
mobile numbers, can anyone envisage any problems with this.

http://www.discountdial.co.uk/rates.php#u

I think BT Broadband Talk is better value for money.

Their mobile rates are same as from BT landlines, And international calls
are 1.25p a min to 52 destinations. Router is free, and subscription is
2.99, or 7.99

It looks like you don't get a normal number with BT though an 05 would mean
people would be less likely to phone me up

Old February 12th 06, 03:03 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
sean

ŽStephen Hammond wrote:
"Sean" wrote in message

ŽStephen Hammond wrote:

I'm thinking of getting FreeTalk, I have two line in my house and want to
replace one of them with it.

Is it a good idea, can anyone recommend a better alternative.

I don't want a massive amount of clutter one extra router will do.

I'm thinking of using DiscountDials access code for making calls to
mobile numbers, can anyone envisage any problems with this.

http://www.discountdial.co.uk/rates.php#u

I think BT Broadband Talk is better value for money.

Their mobile rates are same as from BT landlines, And international calls
are 1.25p a min to 52 destinations. Router is free, and subscription is
2.99, or 7.99

It looks like you don't get a normal number with BT though an 05 would mean
people would be less likely to phone me up

Yes, this is true! Can't have everything though .

I think geo numbers should have never been allowed on VoIP.. I think
they should be different codes, charged as same rates... Geographical
numbers are going to be no longer geographical, they are just going to
mean nothing!

But well.. Telecommunications is a big evolving thing..
Old February 12th 06, 04:15 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Ivor Jones

"Sean" wrote in message

[snip]

I think geo numbers should have never been allowed on
VoIP.. I think they should be different codes, charged as
same rates... Geographical numbers are going to be no
longer geographical, they are just going to mean nothing!

It isn't important really, it's more a psychological thing. People are
more likely to ring a number that *appears* to be closer to them,
regardless of where it actually is. I have a London number on Sipgate as I
have friends there. I also have a USA number for similar reasons.

Ivor

But well.. Telecommunications is a big evolving thing..