Skype signon does not work from Linux

Old February 13th 06, 03:47 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Clive

Default Skype signon does not work from Linux

Hi,

I have Skype installed on both a WinXP and a Linux machine. Signon
to Skype works from the WinXP machine and fails from the Linux machine.
I am trying the same userid and password on both machines.The machines
are both connected via the same router ADSL ISP INternet.

I get the "Connecting ..." then "Invalid skype name or password"
messages on the Linux machine

Thanks

Clive

Old February 14th 06, 11:17 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip

Clive wrote:
Hi,

I have Skype installed on both a WinXP and a Linux machine. Signon
to Skype works from the WinXP machine and fails from the Linux machine.
I am trying the same userid and password on both machines.The machines
are both connected via the same router ADSL ISP INternet.

I get the "Connecting ..." then "Invalid skype name or password"
messages on the Linux machine

Hmmmm - what flavour of Linux are you using? Skype works pretty well on
my debian box, although the sign-on seems to sometimes forget my
password, whereon I re-enter it and it signs on then.

If your installation is a little borked, you may want to try moving any
..skype configuration directory (I suggest to .skype.old) and running
skype again to see what happens. If all else fails, you could try
contacting skype, or looking for a skype+linux specific forum.

Adam

Old February 19th 06, 05:19 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Clive

Fedora 4 2.6.12 something

Upgraded to latest Skype package for RH3.

I got a new password from Skype.

Now logon seems reliable - don't know if either were relevant or
related to the problem - but I am happy.

Performance & voice quality fine with 2GHZ processor and 256M RAM and
2MB ADSL.

Clive