Draytek 2800VG. What can I do with it's VoIP capability?

Old February 13th 06, 06:33 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Tim

Default Draytek 2800VG. What can I do with it's VoIP capability?

I just got a Draytek 2800VG ADSL/VoIP modem and expecting good things
linked it to a couple of Sipgate accounts I setup years ago only to
find that whilst the UK telephone number can be called from another UK
line it doesn't seem to take calls from overseas. I also had setup a
German number but that appears to give 'number unobtainable' even when
called from the UK or Germany.

The modem status page is suggesting that it is happy with the
registration on Sipgate but who knows, maybe some entries are wrong.

Then I also read of the businesses such as voipcheap and voipbuster
but, at least the latter, seems to use a PC client.

What would be a good strategy to get some kind of value from the VoIP
capabilities of my Draytek 2800VG ?
Old February 13th 06, 09:45 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Tim

.....not familiar with your new toy..........however, voipbuster,
voipstunt, sipdiscount all need a software download & install to
register. However, after that, you can use any sip device & uninstall
their softfone. (this applies to outgoing calls, their incoming numbers
can be tricky to set up on sip devices)

OK, I have downloaded the voipbuster application, run it and
registered a user account; but now what? I looked in the various
options but can't see any technical data that would be appropriate to
enter into my DrayTek modem web configuration page for voip settings.

Any suggestions, please?
Old February 13th 06, 11:50 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Tim

A google groups search of this very newsgroup would reveal the servers
&/or settings required for voipbuster's sip service. I no longer use
them & have moved to sipdiscount. their address is sip1.sipdiscount.com

I have trawled this group histrory but still without success. These
are the settings I have gleaned so far but no sign of any connection
yet. The Draytek configuration page for VoIP is filled in like this:

* Register via: WAN
* SIP port: 5060
* Domain/Realm: sip.voipbuster.com
* Proxy: sip.voipbuster.com
* Account number/name: MyVoipbusterUsername
* Password: MyVoipbusterPassword
* NAT Traversal Support: None

There is also a panel entitled 'Nat Traversal Settings'
for entries that appear to be common to all of the 6 possible DrayTek
SIP accounts

* STUN Server: blank
* External IP: blank
* SIP Pink Interval: blank