Atcom ATA any good?

Old February 21st 06, 04:40 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Geo

Default Atcom ATA any good?

Has anyone any views on this ATA for use at home connected to DECT base unit:-
http://en.atcom.com.cn/down/catalog/168V.pdf

about £55 including postage & VAT from:-
http://www.ipchitchat.com/products/ipc-168.htm

Manufacture's web site:-
http://en.atcom.com.cn/En_products_AG168V.html

Geo
Old February 23rd 06, 05:35 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
RH

"Geo" wrote in message

Has anyone any views on this ATA for use at home connected to DECT base
unit:-
http://en.atcom.com.cn/down/catalog/168V.pdf

about £55 including postage & VAT from:-
http://www.ipchitchat.com/products/ipc-168.htm

Manufacture's web site:-
http://en.atcom.com.cn/En_products_AG168V.html

I had one when which I got as a sample from china, Lots of different
companies in china sell the unit under the same name.

Plus Sides :
Firmware for them gets changed quite a lot with new features
Very configurable

Downsides:
Mine soon died
QA of firmware is very limited and sometime upgrading ata can kill it
Not sure the phone is BT approved if you have the lifeline version

Old February 23rd 06, 07:16 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Clueless2

"RH" wrote in message
"Geo" wrote in message
Not sure the phone is BT approved if you have the lifeline version

Laws have changed in the last few years. No need to have BABT approval for
telephone equipment, but now need CE marked (which by the way can be
self-certified). The company I used to work for were responsible and always
sought independent test-labs to type approve their telecom equipment (EC
R&TTE, TBR22 and TBR10 seems to spring to mind, but as this is a good 3
years ago....).

Old March 1st 06, 09:16 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip
¬Stephen Hammond

"
Not sure the phone is BT approved if you have the lifeline version

Laws have changed in the last few years. No need to have BABT approval for
telephone equipment, but now need CE marked (which by the way can be
self-certified). The company I used to work for were responsible and
always sought independent test-labs to type approve their telecom
equipment (EC R&TTE, TBR22 and TBR10 seems to spring to mind, but as this
is a good 3 years ago....).

So can you plug in a normal phone and switch between VOIP and PSTN by
dialling *

Stephen