ports used by Freetalk

Old February 21st 06, 06:10 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Dave

Default ports used by Freetalk

excuse me if this has been asked before... have ried googling and was
unable to find an answer. Nothing on Freetalk's help and support pages
either.

Basically, I need to know which ports to forward on my router to allow
freetalk to work. With all ports closed it doesn't seem to accept
incoming calls. Freetalk's website suggests putting the ATA in the
DMZ, which does work, but i would rather forward the relevant ports
than doing it this way.

Thanks for any help
Old February 22nd 06, 12:51 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
PeterW

Dave wrote in
:

excuse me if this has been asked before... have ried googling and was
unable to find an answer. Nothing on Freetalk's help and support pages
either.

Basically, I need to know which ports to forward on my router to allow
freetalk to work. With all ports closed it doesn't seem to accept
incoming calls. Freetalk's website suggests putting the ATA in the
DMZ, which does work, but i would rather forward the relevant ports
than doing it this way.

Thanks for any help

One way is to download Ethereal and examine your network as Freetalk runs.

Peter