Voip POTS & VoIP Access from one phone Vigor2500V

Old February 23rd 06, 08:42 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip
¬Stephen Hammond

Default Voip POTS & VoIP Access from one phone Vigor2500V

Is there anything like the VIgor 2500V which will plug into my lan port on
my current ADSL modem router
(http://www.homeplugshop.co.uk/acatal...lete_Kits.html) as I would like
to keep my homeplug modem router.

POTS & VoIP Access from one phone
In addition to the ADSL Line, the Vigor2500V connects to your regular
analogue phone line so with just a single phone on your desk, you can choose
to make calls using VoIP via the Internet or, by dialling *0 before the
call, switch over to your POTS line and dial out via the PSTN (the
conventional phone network - for example BT). Incoming calls can be received
from either source too - either POTS or VoIP - the phone will ring on
either. The Vigor2500V features automatic failover, so in the event of power
loss, the Vigor automatically switches your phone over to the POTS line so
that you can still make/receive calls. Additionally, if you have a VoIP
phone number (SIP Address) in the speed dial memory, you can also specify a
backup phone number for each entry, so in the event of Internet loss, the
router will automatically dial an alternative number via your regular
telephone line. In normal use, you can tell which line you are using by the
LED colour - green for VoIP and amber for POTS.

Old February 24th 06, 02:19 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Martin˛

Zyxel 2602HWL can do that for two VoIP lines, but that is ofcourse all in
one ADSL/modem/router/wifi/VoIP.
Have look at Zyxel 2002L ATA, but I am not sure it has PSTN pass-through.
Regards,
Martin