Connecting a Wifi ADSL router to a combined router/adsl modem

Old February 23rd 06, 11:27 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Paul

Default Connecting a Wifi ADSL router to a combined router/adsl modem

I know it probably sounds weird, but I've been using a BT Voyager 2100
wifi/modem/router (succesfully), and have just bought a TP-Link ADSL wifi
router to see if it had a better WiFi range. It does, giving out a much
stronger signal.

When I bought it, I didn't notice that it didn't have an ADSL modem built in
(that'll teach me). As well as the 4 ethernet sockets, it has another
labelled 'wan', which is intended for an ethernet modem. I was thinking of
buying a secondhand Voyager 205, (because it has ethernet and usb sockets).

In the meantime though, I was hoping to link it to my Voyager 2100 to get
internet access, but I'm not sure how to set it up.

I've tried connecting the WAN socket of the TP_Link to one of the voyager's
LAN sockets, should I have used a crossover cable ?

How should I set the Wan access on the TP_Link ?

Thanks in advance for any help, (such an interesting forum !)

Paul