WinME PC can't see WinXP PC

Old June 24th 03, 01:29 PM posted to comp.os.ms-windows.networking.windows,uk.comp.home-networking
Falkon

Default WinME PC can't see WinXP PC

"Mr. Nangla" wrote in message
also ensure that you're not running any other firewalls, e.g. the latest
version of pc-cillin (whatever the spelling) has a built in firewall, i
din't realise this for about 3 weeks.

Can you access the ME machine if not what's the message?

sham

"Dr Zoidberg" wrote in message
Falkon wrote:
Hi all.
I had two PCs with Win ME happily running with a peer-to-peer network
using a
cross over cable.
Recently, I did a clean install of Win XP SP1 Home edition on the
main PC that hosts the internet and the printer. The other machine
still runs Win ME.
The XP machine can see the the Win ME machine (and itself) using My
Network Places but it is invisible to the Win ME machine (except for
internet connection sharing which works fine).

Do you have the firewall disabled on the XP machine?
Not doing so would cause your symptoms.
--
Alex

There is no additional firewall installed on the XP box - I have even
disabled the firewall on the internet connection but still the Win ME
machine can't see the XP machine.
The Win XP machine can see Win ME machine with no problems.
--
Falkon

Old June 26th 03, 03:22 AM posted to comp.os.ms-windows.networking.windows,uk.comp.home-networking
Falkon

wrote in message
On Tue, 24 Jun 2003 21:29:00 +1000, "Falkon"
wrote:

t...

Falkon wrote:
[...]

When you log on to the ME machine do you hit enter (ie a blank
password) or esc to close the window.

Hitting Esc cancels the network logon so if your not already try
hitting enter

I solved the problem.
I went to network settings and added a new connection. Under advanced I
chose allow an incoming connection.
Thx all for your suggestions.
--
falkon